AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
5K members online now
5K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Misleading Location for a Historic retailer of high end jewelry

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Google Maps,

We have been a Google client for many years and a San Francisco retail business for over 40 years. 
There is presently a critical issue with our location on Google Maps under AMIR H. MOZAFFARIAN that needs to be addressed immediately. The misleading information is harmful to our business. Please review the attached screenshot and contact us at your earliest convenience.
Sincerely, Amir H. MozaffarianAmir H. Mozaffarian 155 Post Street.png

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Misleading Location for a Historic retailer of high end jewelry

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Screen Shot 2018-02-15 at 1.44.49 PM.pngI'm unable to reproduce. It appears the listing is at 155 Post Street. 

https://goo.gl/maps/Enpi1HBjAFw

Joel Headley, Google My Business Top Contributor
Find me on: Twitter

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When you hit the Google red marker at our 155 Post Street location, the marker is hijacked across the street to 150 Post Street, which is the address of our competitor. This situation needs immediate correction. Please advise us as soon it is rectified. Thank you.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
When you hit the Google red marker at our 155 Post Street location, the
marker is hijacked across the street to 150 Post Street, which is the
address of our competitor. This situation needs immediate correction.
Please advise us as soon it is rectified. Thank you.

Kind regards,

*Bonnie Li*Executive Assistant

Notice To Recipient: This e-mail is meant for only the intended recipient
of the transmission, and may be a communication privileged by law. If you
received this e-mail in error, any review, use, dissemination,
distribution, or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. Please
notify us immediately of the error by return e-mail and please delete this
message and any and all duplicates of this message from your system. Thank
you in advance for your cooperation.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

I can't replicate the behavior you're describing. When I load the map with your location: https://goo.gl/maps/mhf4rdgKcCu the map is interactive. That means, I can click anywhere on the map and get results in the left pane. 

For example, I can click on the map position just above the marker for your business and it will return the result you describe - the address for 150 Post St. However, the marker for your business is still in the correct location on the map.

Perhaps the confusion lies in Google leaving your original search query [Amir H. Mozaffarian] in the search box, even though the panel below has updated. 

Rest assured, your business location and is unchanged and findable at the 155 Post St address. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Joel Headley,

From the link you sent: https://goo.gl/maps/mhf4rdgKcCu Did you hit our maker and notice that the maker was hijacked to 150 Post Street? If so, do you think if you can fix it for us? This issue does not happen to other business.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Nope - that goes to 155 Post Street. Again, I think you're clicking on the map and seeing 150 Post Street. There is nothing to fix. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi 

Neighboring business do not experience the same problem that our location does experience.
1. Go to Google Maps
2. Enter: Marmot (160 Post Street), Gump's (135 Post Street), Icebreaker (170 Post Street), etc.
3. None of the markers jump across the street to a different address as our marker does. 
It is not difficult to replicate the problem our location has. It has nothing to do with "zoom" in or out. Google should treat each business equally. Please correct our maker so it does not cross the street to our competitor. If your department is unable to see the issue, please advise us who, at Google Maps, is responsible. That department's email address would be appreciated.

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

I simply cannot replicate what you think is happening. I even did a video. 

Again, the 150 Post address appears only when you click or select the building to the north of Post Street. It doesn't appear when simply searching your business. 

155 Post Street is on the south side, correct? 

Notice in the video when I search [Marmot], I can click above the place marker and see 155 Post Street.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/30xeb1Fu413s3m1B2

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Your video is without merit. In your video, you should have clicked our marker WITHOUT zooming in the map to see the issue. Secondly, what is the purpose for you to click on the building of 150 Post Street?? We did not click anywhere else except on our own marker. I also don't understand the relevance of "south side" or "north side" terms from your above reply. The fact is we are located in between Marmot (165 Post Street) and Gump's (135 Post Street). Neither of them experience the same issue as we do on Google Maps. It appears that you do not comprehend the problem. Please provide us with either your superior's contact information  or a different department's contact information, who is better able to address our concerns. We have prepared a video for GOOGLE MAPS that we would like to forward to the responsible person or department, demonstrating the issue we experience. Thank you for your time and we look forward to hearing back from you today with the contacts we have requested.