AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Merge reviews

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have two offices and thus two different locations in two different cities in different states.  We are only now incorporating former and current client feedback into our service procedures.  I have requested that the lone review (5 star) from one location get transferred to the other.  I have no idea if the request will work.  Here is my question:

We intend to focus primarily on google reviews.  Will I have to keep requesting the transfer of reviews or is there something that I can do now so that as soon as one review appears at one location it will automatically appear at another?  

I thank you in advance.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Merge reviews

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Howie N

Reviews are for the location where the review was earned.

Moving reviews should only be done when a business moves, or when listings are merged (ie duplicate).

See the guidelines: https://support.google.com/business/answer/2622994

"Don’t post reviews based on someone else’s experience, or that are not about the specific place you’re reviewing"

The transfer should be declined, and no there is no system to automatically transfer reviews.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog

Merge reviews

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello @MargaretO:

Thank you for your reply.  How does the calculus change if I am the only person providing services?  I just happen to work out of two cities.  Stated otherwise, it doesn't matter where I work because the review is about me, i.e., it's personal to me and the skill sets I bring to the table.

I look forward to your answer.

Merge reviews

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Howie

As stated earlier, the reviews are for the business location.

People that provide services at locations could be anyone, and for a large number of businesses that holds true.

You could use platforms that are designed for personal reviews if you want reviews to be specific for you.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog