AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Map Pack Only Shows 2 Listings Until Map is Moved

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there! I'm having a hard time understanding what's happening. So when I search a term, only 2 companies show up in the map pack. If I click on the map, it still only shows 2. If I move the map slightly, it shows over 10. My business is located in the original map, but doesn't show up until I move the map.

I'm unable to add a screen recording of this. But if you want to test it out, here's the search. 

Has anyone ever seen this? What should I do?
1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hey @Cassidy M I think Google is likely only showing two results because it's not 100% confident that the search term "wire rope utah" has local intent. And perhaps it's showing only those two businesses because they have the word "wire rope" in the business name and Google is only confident that those two are relevant to "wire rope" and not the other businesses. 

What can you do? Do you mind sharing which one is your business?

You need to make sure that your website and other online assets (business directories, press mentions, reviews...etc) make it clear to Google that your business is relevant to "wire rope" in Utah, and Salt Lake City.

Check this out - https://support.google.com/business/answer/7091?hl=en 

Colan Nielsen, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter
VP, Local Search at Sterling Sky

Re: Map Pack Only Shows 2 Listings Until Map is Moved

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Colan,

Thanks for your response!

It's the third one down that shows up after you move the map - Rasmussen
Equipment.

We have Wire Rope talked about on their homepage, and the category on their
GMB matches at least one of those two listings that show up. What else do
you think I can do?

--

[image: Epic Marketing Logo]

*Cassidy McClellan*

*SEO Manager*, Epic Marketing

*Direct Line*: 801-770-2513

*Main Office*: 801-505-9325

*Fax*: 801-572-6141

cassidy@marketingepic.com

Twitter: @epicmarketing
www.marketingepic.com

Follow us on Facebook!

*CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email message, including any attachments,
contains information that is privileged, confidential or intended only for
the use of the above-named recipient. If the reader of this message is not
the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination,
distribution, printing or copying of this message is prohibited. If you
have received this message in error, please contact the sender by reply
email and delete all copies of this message. Thank you.*

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I would ask customers who have used the wire rope service to leave reviews on Google. Great article on how to approach that here -  https://whitespark.ca/blog/how-to-get-keywords-in-your-reviews-whitespark-weekly/ 

I would also start using Google Posts to share content related to wire rope. Add a business description and talk about it as well.

I'd also include it in your business descriptions on some of the more popular business directory sites. And if you haven't already, do an analysis of the two businesses that ARE ranking in the 2-pack. Do they have a lot of exact match anchor text in their backlinks? Do their customers mention wire rope in their reviews, not just on Google but on other review sites as well? 

Colan Nielsen, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter
VP, Local Search at Sterling Sky