Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

MAP Listing Query

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Experts;

I have a issue or rather am confused about a particular query which am not able to figure out.I hope i find the answers here.

My client use to rank in the local pack for the keyword Lake Worth Attorney .Now the problem is that everyday i check it gets demoted and ranking doesn't  seem to come up .We have good amount of reviews,a well maintained website,social shares on social media platform including google plus.And the listing which appears on top of us have no reviews.I understand that there is competition to rank on local map listing but somehow i fail to understand on what grounds does google show map listing of a specific website .One of the listing has the same address as my client does with no reviews and and he ranks on top 4.I need to pointed to the right direction.If not a solution then atleast i would be glad if someone  would throw insight on it.Am attaching a screenshot for the above query.My listing name is

LAW OFFICES OF SHANNON J SAGAN

1.png2.png

1 Expert replyverified_user

MAP Listing Query

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey,

I noticed that you mentioned about 2 listings being at one address? You may find that your clients listing is being filtered because of that other listing. It may not be the issue, but it is definitely something to look into as many people have had a similar issue

MAP Listing Query

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Ryan;

My client shares the same address as mentioned in the screenshot.Both have their physical address located in the same building.We  changed the address to

101 N. J St Suite 2, Lake Worth, Florida 33460 .from

101 N J St

Ste 2

Lake Worth, FL 33460

Thinking it would make a difference.,Because the previous address was wrong according to the GMB representative whom we spoke with.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nimit S
November 2016

MAP Listing Query

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

According to your client's website they are a personal injury attorney so why would they want to rank for attorney? It's such a broad generic category and unless they do all kinds of law like family law, criminal law, real estate law, copyright law etc this wouldn't be an appropriate place for them to show up.

Their website definitely isn't optimized as if they are a general practice attorney so I'm not surprised that they aren't in this list. 

Romano Law Group is also a personal injury attorney but they also practice all kinds of other types of law according to their website.

Your client ranks in the 3-pack for personal injury attorney lake worth so I don't think you have an issue here :)

Joy Hawkins, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Owner of Sterling Sky
Read My Column on Search Engine Land
MyAdvanced Local SEO Training Manual

MAP Listing Query

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@JoyHawkins -Hello Joy

I just wanted to clear my doubt just to see we are on the same page .So the keyword

"lake worth attorney" will show the result of the lawyers who have different practice area's along with personal injury?

Thanks!

Re: MAP Listing Query

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

It definitely appears that way. It's a very generic and broad category. Kind of like searching for a restaurant. I would imagine in a tiny town with only 2 lawyers, your client would show more but in a larger area, Google is more likely to give people the ones that are actually general practice attorneys. 

Joy Hawkins, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Owner of Sterling Sky
Read My Column on Search Engine Land
MyAdvanced Local SEO Training Manual

MAP Listing Query

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Joy

Thanks you so much for the insight.Now i know that am on the same page.Got me little confused but its all cleared now especially when you gave the example of a "restaurant" i replaced it with attorney and thought it makes sense now.And i also checked the listing which appears in the local pack have different practice area along with personal injury.

Happy with the information provided!