1.9K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Looking for general advice on improving GMB search ranking

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm looking for some additional ways to help my clients' businesses listings rank better in Google.

Does the completeness of their Google My Business pages play a role? In other words, does it make a significant difference whether or not they have photos for all of the available sections (Interior, Exterior, Photos at work, Team photos)?

Is it a good idea to update the Introduction text on a regular basis?

We're working hard to get their other listings cleaned up and consistent, keeping them active on social media, and making sure their customers/patients are leaving online reviews, but we want to make sure we're not overlooking any thing else we can do to help them stand out.

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jay T
July 2016

Re: Looking for general advice on improving GMB search ranking

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Jay T

I would add images, but it's not a make or break situation and I would not change your business description on a regular basis.

Here are two articles that will help you in creating an all round better presence and visibility:

Boost your Local SEO

Ranking Factors of a Google Business Page

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
In addition to what Tim said, although I'm sure it's pointed out in the articles...

The website is one of the biggest ranking factors, so be sure it's well optimized and the info between it and GMB is consistent.

You mentioned patients - if it's a Dr or Dentist or Chiro listing there are usually problems with dupe listings and/or practitioner listings. So need to know all the different ways to find all the associated listings and know what to do with them. Complicated and each situation is different. Joy, one of the other TC's did a good post about it. I'll try to find it if you don't know all the ins & outs of that part.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for all of the suggestions so far!

Yes, right now, the majority of our clients are dentists. Most are solo practitioners, but we have a few groups as well. Figuring out the best way to handle them has been tricky, as some want to be listed under their names, while others prefer to promote the practice name instead.

I did manage to find this article about Practitioner Listings; is this the one you were talking about?
https://whitespark.ca/blog/best-practices-for-practitioner-listings-on-google-my-business-gmb/

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Hi Jay,

Yes that's the one! Sorry I was not able to get back to you on it right away.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi again Jay,

Here is a new post by Joy with a different slant on practitioner listings and how to handle: http://searchengineland.com/cannot-ignore-practitioner-listings-gmb-case-study-253314

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Have you done a citation building campaign? One of the best ways to get listed higher is to have a consistent NAP across multiple websites that allow you to display the business name, address, phone number, and link to your site. Each of these sites should display this information exactly as listed in your Places account and on your website.

A quick google search of the best citation sites will give you a great starting point on where to list the business online. There are also paid services that are quite reasonable for ensuring a consistent NAP.

I would recommend that you add pictures to your google places account and optimize the text. Ensure that your listing is 100 percent complete and update with new photos regularly. Also make sure to receive a lot of reviews and respond to them quickly.

On the website side, make sure to add the address (as it appears in GMB) near the top of your site and provide a link to your map listing, Google Plus page, and other social accounts.

Good luck with your listing!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for your advised , I am really want to know how to do ..i am leaning

Please i need your advise  

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

If you can identify what 'Prominence' is - that's half the key.

IMHO: Find a way to increase monthly volumes of your brand searches by the masses (PR?). Open up more branches per City. (IP / Location is also key). Get great reviews.

Business citations (NAP) and reviews used to be the way. You still need a degree of those - but increasing the GAP between your competitors will not guarantee you beating them in Google maps. The game just got tougher. 

Good luck!

Ed Yates 

LinkedIn