AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Logo does not show up in Job Search

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Business name: Revature

Address: 11730 Plaza America Dr #205, Reston, VA 20190

Phone: (703) 570-8181

Google Maps URL: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Revature/@38.9533977,-77.3505117,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x8e090b7...

If you search 'revature jobs' you can see our jobs have been added via structured data, however our logo still does not display.

We have structured data added to our web page for Organization with our logo, in addition our logo is added to our My Business account and set as a logo.

Could I get some assistance to get our logo viewed on our structured data results?

Thanks!

Re: Logo does not show up in Job Search

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi @Joon P - I ran your site through the Structure Data Testing Tool and it does show the correct mark-up for logo. However, it's never guaranteed that the logo will be displayed. We are mostly volunteers here working to help anyone we can. Have you registered your site with the Search Console? Check out the details here: https://developers.google.com/search/docs/guides/enhance-site if you haven't. If you have then I would suggest that you request Google to crawl your website (again).

Then check in the menu of the search console: Search Appearance -> Structured Data and make sure that Google has crawled your site and is recognizing the markup. A suggestion would be to enhance your schema markup with more information under the organization. Currently I'm only seeing three items.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Nathan,

Thanks for all of your help. Yes we are registered under the Search Console and in addition we also have a Google My Business account associated as well.

Google is definitely recognizing the markup, I'm going to try to host our logo and see if the hosted logo URL will help. Any other suggestions you can think of?

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

@Joon P - My personal suggestion is to add as much context as possible in the schema markup such as:

- sameAs (social media channels your company might be on)

- contactPoint (for customer service, if your company provides it)
- address

...check out the markup for 'organization' here and see if there is anything you might be able to add. 

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm having the exact same problem. Everything checks out and Google never uses our logo even when it's in the My Business area for a logo. All we get is the generic looking letter icon. I called Google several times and they told me to delete our images and to flag or report the rest. I was like "none of this makes any sense" seeing as we literally have it uploaded to Google for our branches and the rep stated that there is *nothing* they can or will do and blamed it on the "algorithm" then to just wait it out. I imagine this has never worked for us so I'm not sure "waiting" is going to make this fix. I search other competitors and see their logos but for some reason, not ours and nobody can explain why.

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

@Velocity - please start a new post with your business details. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Go in Google and search "google all brand accounts" and sign in and you should see a list of all your "brand accounts" and go into each one and add a logo.