AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
1.4K members online now
1.4K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Local SEO Ranking Issue

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

1. Toyota of Wilmington

2. 5640 Market St, Wilmington, NC 28405

3. (910) 795-2945

4. https://plus.google.com/108838004548940049279#104697915159625138833/about

I work for a marketing agency and we manage about 10 local Toyota websites. These websites get scored by Toyota on a monthly basis. I am having an issue with one of the websites not ranking for Make + Model + City Keywords. (eg Toyota Corolla Wilmington, NC)

All the websites have the same content and are setup exactly the same way. All the other websites except for the one are ranked number one for these keywords. Another thing I found interesting is that this website is ranking number 1 organically for these keywords in Bing search.

I'm wondering if anyone had any insight on what I could do or check to make this one website to rank organically? Here are some things I have done to help out, but it does not seem to have worked so far:

1. Create a Toyota Blog and blog about Toyota-related news.
  2. Checked Webmaster Tools for any errors - Not seeing any.
  3. Google My Business is up-to-date

I was thinking of sharing more of the internal pages on Facebook and Twitter. I cannot think of anything else that could work.

I also checked to see if the pages have been indexed by google and they have. I've manually submitted the site map in webmaster tools as well.

Any help would be appreciated!!! We are continuing to get bad scores from Toyota. Please feel free to ask me any other questions as well.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Local SEO Ranking Issue

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hey @Derek T

This forum is for stuff related to Google My Business and I am not seeing local results for that query, only organic.  Are you trying to ask why there are no local results? I get your site first organically which is why I was confused.

toyota.png

Joy Hawkins, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Owner of Sterling Sky
Read My Column on Search Engine Land
MyAdvanced Local SEO Training Manual