AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Listing not visible enoiugh on Google Maps yet irrelevant listings are.

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

reposted this message as it would not let me format text and now cannot find old thread.

Name: Next level advertising solutions

Address: 3 Florence Street, Lincoln, LN2 5LR

Number: 01522 262705

Maps url: https://goo.gl/maps/jCBPvJGUdYP2

We've recently noticed we don't get our fair share of impressions on maps & after tidying up other peoples zombie & keyword spam listings we still barely display in map results.

Investigations have focused on the following search terms so far, but we are way under represented on maps.

leaflet distribution saxilby - we do not appear leaflet distribution skellingthorpe - shows a single business when that is not even the real business name.

leaflet distribution welton - we display bottom leaflet distribution horncastle - we display bottom

leaflet distribution skegness - this displays 1 printing business, a spam duplicate leaflet business page & a plumber!

leaflet distribution mablethorpe - this displays only 1 genuine business "grimsby leaflet distribution ltd" but even that business only has a turnover of £500 & we have a turnover of £70,000 so that's totally unfair really.

leaflet distribution boultham park - we do not display

leaflet distribution wragby - 15 results show up, many spam pages & keywordy duplicate listings & busineses that are very far way from Lincoln or Wragby yet we do not display at all.

leaflet distribution spilsby - the top result is an electricity company

leaflet distribution louth - we do not dislay at all.

The issue might be related to the fact that we have 2 websites as we saw distribution & printing as 2 seperate businesses however we've realised this is a no no to google so have cleared up our backlinks & NAP & will be merging websites soon.

It also may be due to having 3 disabled GMB pages due to different aspects of the business, we have been okayed by gmb to start a new listing in the business name (we really did believe they were different businesses but HMRC disagrees)

Maybe we're in the wrong category but as we offer a full in-house printing service, we felt the term "advertising agency" was better than "distribution service"...it seems like we're penalised on maps for offering more services than the others.

As quite a large service provider for over 6 years we believe that google displaying tiny businesses who do not have the staff to handle large jobs wastes the searchers time & quite a lot of irrelevent returns come back for the above searches.

Any thoughts appreciated? I suppose it is quite a new listing because we had to set up another in the same account due to the above. Thanks

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

It appears as optimization issues, most of your competition is using commercial printer as their category.  Also get the old listings cleaned up.  Start doing on-page SEO and getting links.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Well we have a lot of legitimate backlinks, extensive social media, offline advertising & adwords but the problem there is that almost all competition are using the "regus address multiple location GMB trick" & every employee in our company must have a GMB page for an area" tricks. 

Also we have 1 competitor who has 5 websites optimised for any area & google serps does nothing about that.

We are huge compared to these tiny businesses & yet can't get a look in anymore as google have changed the agorithm to favour spam & businesses that can't actually handle large distribution jobs.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Any help? If i put in leaflet distribution market rasen the only thing that comes up i a florist called forget me not....google maps is totally skewed.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Your business needs to optimize to target those keywords, if that's what comes up it should be fairly easy to rank.  Everything I've heard about so far is simply optimization issues.  If you want you can can  pay for Adwords then you can achieve immediate success.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

We've used adwords fr about 6 years. It can't be optimiation issues otherwise totally irrelevent results wouldn't be showing up...such as a florist showing up when you google leaflet distribution market rasen. 

Google maps is just skewed & not functioning well lately since google switched to being obsessed with whoevers nearest geographically rather than whoever actuallydoes the job.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

I have clients who rank in neighboring cities.  Even with geolocation being a ranking factor it is only one ranking factor.  If optimized well enough you can rank in any market.  The nice thing about algorithms is they can be influenced to show what is relevant if they are pulling irrelevant tells me that there isn't enough relevant information to be pulled.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Sorry but i disagree, the google algorithm is currently broken if it is possible for it to show things that are totally irrelevant such as a florist when searching for "leaflet distribution market rasen".

It would be a hard push to optimize a florist so badly it would display for a search term they've probably never even thought about.

The whole maps system needs a overhaul now because it's showing nothing but spam & tiny businesses who pretty much do it as a hobby yet the large providers are missing out.