AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Listing no longer showing after change of address

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I recently updated the address for Crowdcube to Fourth Floor, Broadwalk House, Exeter EX1 1TS. Since the address has been changed the full business listing is only showing on google search if a user searches the company name and address. It previously showed when only the company name was typed in. Is there a reason for this and can I get our information to show again? 

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Where did you make the business address change?  At your verified Google My Business account?  If yes, good.  But you still have work to do.  Conduct a search on your old business address and submit new inofmraiton to any directories that still show your old address.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes I made the change to the verified account. I'll go and change it on any directories I can find. If I do this do you know how long it will take for the listing to start showing again? 

Thank you for your help!

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey @Beth A,

I think your address change timing was a bit of a coincidence. Google recently stopped showing a lot of businesses listings unless a city or other location info was also included in the search.

So searching for "Crowdcube" likely won't show your business listing. However searching for "Crowdcube exeter" shows your business listing. This change was most likely not brought on due to you changing your address, but more likely from Google's update in general. Many businesses are having this same thing happen. Unfortunately I believe the best way for your listing to show on the right side of search results is to include a location modifier to your search query.

If my response was helpful please mark my response as 'Best Answer' Thanks!

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

I offer this only from my own experience but I cannot set expectation on how long it will take.  We are all volunteers here to help and learn together.  Are you sure you have the correct address throughout your website as well, including your meta descriptions?  Facebook?  Any other social profiles?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Dan, 

Thank you for your reply, that's really useful to know. I wasn't aware of that change so it may just be a weird coincidence! 

Thanks for your help

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Okay that's quite alright. I am reasonably sure but will go back and check for anything that may have been missed. 

Thank you for all your help.