AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

List my business in my local area in 2 languages

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

My buesiness is in Spain, Catalonia. And as some of you probably already know, there are 2 official languages here, Spanish, and Catalan. And because those are 2 official languages, everyone can understand both of them, but not everyone could search in Google using any of those. 

Right now my busienss appears for Spanish, and English for terms "Diseño web" and "Web design" but interestingly enough it does not show up for "Disseny Web" (the catalan variation) whilst some of my competitors, or better saying most of them does show up for both terms (Spanish and Catalan).

Is there anything i have to do in order to show up for the Catalan version?

Thanks

Kind regards

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Andres M
4w

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey @Helmut Geissler

I think i might have found the issue, which is quite weird. But i would not know till Google (i guess) reindexes it.

So basically i went to my profile for the business, an i checked the address, and i tried saving it (with no changes) and it says it could not find my address, so I modified the address to fit EXACTLY as it is, but still no luck so it allowed me to put a mark on the map manually, then it accepted it.

So Im guessing it might be fixed now as before it does not fully (and i say fully because some how they knew i was there in certain searches) know my address.

Even if i fixed it, which i dont know yet, this should be something Google guys need to take a look at, it is clearly a indexing issue, and more over, there are not precise instructions on how to fix it (maybe by saying we dont "fully" understand your address, pelase review).

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Andres M

Thanks for coming to the community! It looks like you may have forgotten some important information that I'll need in order to address your issue. Can you please provide the following:

1. Business Name
2. Business Address
3. Business Phone number
4. Maps URL
5. Website

Once I have that information, ​I​'ll do my best to help. 
Thanks!

_________________________________________________________________________________

Attention: Please make sure to mention me by adding @[myname] to your responses. Otherwise the notification might not make it and your thread will go unseen.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

BTW  your category in  question (GCID parameter  website_designer) is  in the  Catalan Userinterface  of  GMB officially  spelled as "Dissenyador de llocs web"

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey!

First of all thanks a lot for your interest in helping me and the community.

That being said, I do know that the actual category is named Dissenyador de llocas web, but, my competitors appear in GMB for Disseny Web, as Google is smart enough to link both terms :).

In regards to your requierements, let me share them in here:

1. Business Name SoluzionWeb
2. Business Address Nou 63 - 65 1º - 6ª, 17600, Figueres, Girona
3. Business Phone number +34 933 938 189
4. Maps URL Click here
5. Website Soluzionweb

Once again, Thanks a lot.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Google support team doesn't wanna help me

Tên doanh nghiệp: Công Ty Thế Giới Số Toàn Cầu Di Động

2. Địa chỉ kinh doanh hiện tại: 282 QL17, Hà Mãn, Thuận Thành, Bắc Ninh, Việt Nam

3. Số điện thoại hiện tại: 0888 859 666

4. URL Google Maps: https://www.google.com/maps/place/282+QL17,+H%C3%A0+M%C3%A3n,+Thu%E1%BA%ADn+Th%C3% A0nh, + B% E1% BA% AFc + Ninh, + Vi% E1% BB% 87t + Nam / @ 21.0339554,106.037144,19z / data =! 4m5! 3m4! 1s0x3135a6e04b8871eb: 0x5ed539f28c549889! 8m2! 3d21.0340784! 4d106. 0377994! 10m1! 1e2? Hl = vi-VN

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

1. Full business name: Global Mobile World Number Company

2. Current business address: 282 National Road 17, Ha Man, Thuan Thanh, Bac Ninh, Vietnam

3. Current telephone number: 0888 859 666

4. Google Maps URL: click here

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

@Cảnh Đ

This  threadis  restricted to discuss the issue of  @Andres M

Pleaseleave this thread and please start your own thread providing there all information to understand and investigate your issue
This allows us to keep the forum organized and gives you the attention you need. 
This ( https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Google-My-Business/ct-p/GMB ) is our top level Community--from there, you can click into the board title that is most applicable for your issue. Once you're in an individual board, you can click on the red/pink + sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hey  @Andres M

if searching  in  the Catalan Userinterface of Google.es  for "Disseny Web Figueres" or ""Disseny Web" Figueres" by 

https://www.google.es/search?hl=ca&q=Disseny+Web+Figueres

I get  a  three pack and  if clicking  "Més llocs" I get  17 locations (and indeed yours is not there)

But (as I investigated) all the 17  shown  listing   contain  either in their  name  the word "disseny"  or  in  their  URL of the  specified  website.

YOurs doesn't  contain "disseny" at all (at least I couldn't figure it)

Perhaps it would help improving  your search  results to  have  Structured data  on your website  with  the  Catalan term "disseny  web"?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey @Helmut Geissler

I looked into what you just mentioned, and you are right, my company does not show up there.

In regards to having Disseny on the name or somewhere on the website, it is not quite right, as an example you got at least 2 that i can see on a first glance that does not use such term, and their site is not translated check this image  to Catalan either (mine I'm getting it translated, but till then, i would like to show up), therefor they have not structured data in catalan for "disseny".

My only guess is that they show up, as they are registered under the category of "diseñador web" which in Catalan, Google knows and translates it to "disseny web", but then we get to the same spot... why am i not listed in there?

Thanks

kind regards

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Andres M
4w

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey @Helmut Geissler

I think i might have found the issue, which is quite weird. But i would not know till Google (i guess) reindexes it.

So basically i went to my profile for the business, an i checked the address, and i tried saving it (with no changes) and it says it could not find my address, so I modified the address to fit EXACTLY as it is, but still no luck so it allowed me to put a mark on the map manually, then it accepted it.

So Im guessing it might be fixed now as before it does not fully (and i say fully because some how they knew i was there in certain searches) know my address.

Even if i fixed it, which i dont know yet, this should be something Google guys need to take a look at, it is clearly a indexing issue, and more over, there are not precise instructions on how to fix it (maybe by saying we dont "fully" understand your address, pelase review).