Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Knowledge panel showing different results depending on search country

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I created a Google my business account for my company, verified it, everything is fine. We have 2 main locations, one in KL and one in Singapore. However, the knowledge panel is showing different things based on where I search from. Here are the 3 scenarios when I search for "Silverlake Axis":

1. Search from google.com.my (Malaysia) - displays Singapore info from the account I created

2. Search from google.com.sg (Singapore) - displays basic info like stock price and HQ

3. Incognito search from google.com.my - displays wrong info. I have claimed that business and am waiting for the verification postcard. Already changed the address to our KL location but it's not reflected yet.

Why would this be happening? Hope someone can help. Thanks. 

Here's the required info:

1. Full business name - Silverlake Axis
2. Current business address - 6 Raffles Quay #18-00, Singapore 048580 
3. Current telephone number - +65 6225 9395
4. Google+ URL - https://plus.google.com/114780966137247739694

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Knowledge panel showing different results depending on search country

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Michelle T

It has nothings to do with the country of the searching user.

I'm in Germany and get with www.google.com.sg for "Silverlake Axis"  the knowledge graph about the "silverlake stock" (its not a GMB related knowledge graph)

Screenshot 2016-11-08 at 15.33.52.png

To get a GMB related knowledge graph for your  SIngapore location I have to search for 

"Silverlake Axis Singapore 048580" getting it then like below

Screenshot 2016-11-08 at 15.35.51.png

I can't consider it as bad as the latter search is a loacl search while the first search is a kind of "brand" search.

Since I made this brand search with www.google.com.sg I get the Singapore brand.

Doinf the same search for  "Silverlake Axis" with www.google.com.my I will not get a brand related result as there is no reasonable Malaysian "Brand" related knowledge grapg to show me.

I get the Malaysian (but local related)

Knowledge graph instead:

Screenshot 2016-11-08 at 15.41.44.png

Its all working as intended IMHO