AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Knowledge Graph not showing profile photo

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

1. Lazada Thailand

2. Bangkok, Thailand / Khlong Tan Nuea, Watthana, Bangkok 10110, Thailand
3. 02 018 0000

4. https://plus.google.com/b/116113284064649294892/116113284064649294892/about?gmbpt=true&hl=en

Hi,

I've set the Preferred Photo for Google Maps and Search to be the Profile photo, which in our case is our logo:

Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_2.png

Unfortunately, we instead still see user generated photos show up in the Knowledge Graph:

Screenshot_3.png

Is there a way to fix this, have our logo show up instead, and prevent user generated photos from showing up?

Thanks,
Jon

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Knowledge Graph not showing profile photo

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Jonathan P

There is no way to set this. Google decides what image to show based on the users intent.

You have set the logo in your business page, that is the best you can do unfortunately.

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Re: Knowledge Graph not showing profile photo

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you Tim,
Understand, but kind of misleading then that the "preferred photo" option states that we can select which photo to show first on search
Best,
Jon

Knowledge Graph not showing profile photo

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Jonathan P@Tim Capper is correct and in addition to previous answer from Tim,

Information in the Knowledge Graph is pulled automatically using algorithms, so there is not a way to guarantee a certain photo will display first every time.

Google cycles through the available photos and will pull the one that it deems most relevant and prominent for the given search. Although you can't control the photo in the Knowledge Graph, you can take a look at this article: https://goo.gl/GvpBGy  that shows how to include mark up on the official website to influence other information shown in the Knowledge Graph.

Hope this helps you to understand more.