1.8K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Knowledge Graph links to google image search

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've just noticed that the Knowledge Graph of this business has changed. Before the profile picture showed in the knowledge graph. This is also the preffered picture setup in the Googly My Business panel. But now Google seems to have picked an image found through Google Image Search. This image is hosted on our website, but not added to our Google My Business account or G+. When you click the picture in our knowledge graph, it just sends you to a Google Image search result page with a query entered for our business name.

trust verhuizing.JPG

Is there a way to instruct Google on what picture to show? We have several pictures added to our GMB account.

Regards.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Knowledge Graph links to google image search

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
there is no good method to achieve this.

Reporting wrong images is possible - but as far I see none of your pictures are wrong

Re: Knowledge Graph links to google image search

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Helmut, thanks for your reply! I know this is possible. I'm not disputing the image (it's hosted on the website). But I've selected images for my GMB account and I'm used to getting a carousel when I click a photo in the knowledge graph. I'm looking at my competitors and they all still have this carousel.

Would marking up my logo and maybe some images on the website with structured data help?