3.6K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Keywords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm enjoying using analytics but it is leading me to frustration.  A particular keyword that I want google to find does not even appear on the keywords list even though it appears many many times throughout the website.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Keywords

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @JOHN C

Analytics measures traffic coming to your site.  Because a keyord does not appear does not mean Google does not recognize that, it could mean that people did not arrive at your site from that keyword because you appear on page 10 for that search term.

Or it may be within the (not provided) traffic.

Now search console on the other hand looks at the site, its pages and where it appears within search.

So if you are not connected to Google search console, then connect the site to search console https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/home

Once data is populated, look in search analytics section and see if you do indeed appear or rank for that search term.

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Keywords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanx for your reply. I've taken a look. Ive looked in 'google Index' then 'keywords' I see a list of keywords but the word I Ecpect to see is not there. Where do i find a keyword phrase?

Keywords

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner

John,

Google Analytics will not provide individual keyword data for search queries that come from Google Search Engines.  This has been in effect since Cica 2012ish .   All that data from Google Search itself, is listed as "Not Provided"

As @Tim Capper mentions,  claiming Webmaster Tools/ Search Console and Linking Webmaster tools to your Google Analytics account can give you some insights into the Google Search Engine ranking and traffic for individual keywords.