AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
5K members online now
5K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Key words and description

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

My business name is Nigelyn Guest Cottage

Our business address is 22 David Street, Westering, Port Elizabeth, 6025, Eastern Cape, South Africa

Our telephone number is +27725661918

Our Google Maps URL is : https://www.google.co.za/maps/place/Nigelyn+Guest+Cottage/@-33.93578,25.527806,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5...

Our website address is : http://nigelynguestcottage.weebly.com

I want to add some words to my description and another key word.  Would I be violating any rules with "Drink filter coffee on the porch while listening to birds singing in the garden." and "Drink filter coffee on the porch."

1 Expert replyverified_user

Key words and description

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Nigel,

You should use this information to optimize your Google My Business listing. GMB should not be used to stuff keywords in the title or try to build it out like a website. Simply list the proper info and then move to optimizing the content of the website and building out a stronger SEO (search engine optimization) presence, which includes focusing on local SEO. Research Local SEO and SEO 2017 and spend some time on those subjects. Apply that info to your website... but spend time on the link to the GMB help files and apply it to GMB. 

Kind Regards,

James

Re: Key words and description

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thank you for your email,

Nigel Fitt,* Nigelyn Guest Cottage,* Westering, Port Elizabeth, South
Africa.

Nigelyn Guest Cottage