AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Just merged G+ Brand Page, and Maps page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello. I am dealing with the G+ of Childrens Hospital Minnesota.

Just recently, we merged our brand G+ page, and our local G+ page into one. One thing I was hoping to see after this, was the nice (i think you can call it knowledge graph) snippet that you see when searching the brand name on mobile. - - The "Call", "Directions", "Share", and "Website" buttons that show at the top of the results page on mobile. For example, if you search Childrens Boston (This is for the childrens hospital in Boston) you'll see that snippet. However, if you search Childrens Minnesota or the full brand name - Children's Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota, you do not see that. At least I am not seeing it. 

Is this something that takes a while to show up. I just made the merger this week.

Thanks for any and all help!

-Ryan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ryan L
May 2016

Re: Just merged G+ Brand Page, and Maps page

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Ryan L

Things actually work a little bit differently for multi-location businesses. There's 4 locations for Children's Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota, correct? That knowledge panel with call, directions, and share relates to a single location. After all, where are those driving directions going to send people to? Which number is the 'click to call' going to connect them with? 

There's actually two kinds of knowledge panels. One for single locations, and it pulls from the GMB profile mostly for most industries. The other kind of knowledge panel is a brand knowledge panel, and generally only shows up for bigger brands that have wikipedia pages. 

For most multi location businesses, you'll just end up with a 3-pack, and a list of locations with an A, B, and C, and no reviews showing for any locations (as opposed to a general search, which will have reviews, and will be labeled 1, 2, 3 instead). The only way to get a knowledge panel showing along with the multi-location branded 3-pack is to have a branded knowledge panel. Something that's out of reach for most businesses under 100 locations, but hospitals are of course a different thing, you'll notice you've got that knowledge panel showing both for desktop and mobile (it's got a wikipedia blurb and a list of social media profiles). 

So... things are about where you can expect them to settle. I have noticed at times that doing a branded search will just pop up the knowledge panel for the nearest location (there's a local burrito chain I like near me, when I search for them I just get the closest location instead of the map) but I don't really know how Google decides to do that, it's kind of rare. In general, expect users to see a  branded 3-pack map with a branded knowledge panel instead. 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ryan L
May 2016

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Ryan L

Things actually work a little bit differently for multi-location businesses. There's 4 locations for Children's Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota, correct? That knowledge panel with call, directions, and share relates to a single location. After all, where are those driving directions going to send people to? Which number is the 'click to call' going to connect them with? 

There's actually two kinds of knowledge panels. One for single locations, and it pulls from the GMB profile mostly for most industries. The other kind of knowledge panel is a brand knowledge panel, and generally only shows up for bigger brands that have wikipedia pages. 

For most multi location businesses, you'll just end up with a 3-pack, and a list of locations with an A, B, and C, and no reviews showing for any locations (as opposed to a general search, which will have reviews, and will be labeled 1, 2, 3 instead). The only way to get a knowledge panel showing along with the multi-location branded 3-pack is to have a branded knowledge panel. Something that's out of reach for most businesses under 100 locations, but hospitals are of course a different thing, you'll notice you've got that knowledge panel showing both for desktop and mobile (it's got a wikipedia blurb and a list of social media profiles). 

So... things are about where you can expect them to settle. I have noticed at times that doing a branded search will just pop up the knowledge panel for the nearest location (there's a local burrito chain I like near me, when I search for them I just get the closest location instead of the map) but I don't really know how Google decides to do that, it's kind of rare. In general, expect users to see a  branded 3-pack map with a branded knowledge panel instead. 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey James. Thanks a lot for the great information. Im glad I know this now.

That being said, is there anything you’d recommend me doing? Or is there even any more that can be done?

Thanks again. I really appreciate it.

-Ryan

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
James, thanks again for taking the time to help me out with the question I had. I do have one more follow up question. Regarding the same site https://www.childrensmn.org/, there are a handful of clinic pages/locations. Some live on the mentions domain, childrensmn.org, and some live on pitstop.com. I have noticed that when I run a branded search for a brand search such as "partners in pediatrics st louis park" I get the snippet that we previously had talked about. With the "Call", "Directions" and other featured buttons. Any idea why that works, but not what we had previously talked about? Thanks again for the help.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello Ryan ,

THis is the topic i was looking from 1 week.I also want to merge local and brand page.

Can you please tell me how you did that or give me link from which you followed the steps.

Please help ill be very greatfull to you.
Awaiting your response.
Thank You.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey James. Just wanted to follow up quick. We did go ahead and merge our 2 existing G+ pages (the local page and the brand page). A few days after this happened, we noticed the snippet I mentioned (Call, Directions, Share, Website) is showing for brand queries on mobile. So now when I search Childrens Minnesota on mobile, I am seeing the snippet we previously talked about.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
I thought you will reply me :(

Can you please tell me how you merged both pages and is it possible to merge Google+ local and brand page in todays time or not ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi. Yes, I am waiting on instructions from a team member on how they went about merging the 2 pages. I will follow up with how we did it when I get more information. I believe its as easy as just going into the settings and finding the merge options, but you will need account access to both pages. I will follow up

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
I will wait ryan , i hope you will reply asap.