AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Is reviewer notified of removal?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

A client has had a negative review posted that appears to violate Google's terms of use. My question is: If we successfully petition Google to remove the review, will the user who posted it be advised of our request? Or will it just be removed without notice to the reviewer (assuming it is, in fact, removed)?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

I doubt it will removed at all. But I'm sure in case it will removed the reviewer gets any notification at all - nither about the fact of removing it nor who requested the matter.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Helmut is right on both counts: it is unlikely you'll get the review removed. 

The reviewer won't get notified for a policy violation of the removal. In fact, it may continue to appear in their account while it is removed for the rest of the world. They'll never get notified and they'll never know who requested the removal, if anyone did.

There is at least one process - DMCA removal, where Google would notify the publisher of the removal. However, I've never seen a DMCA request be posted for a review. 

Joel Headley, Google My Business Top Contributor
Find me on: Twitter