2.4K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Inviting reviews

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have just created a google page for my service business and it has been verified.  I now want to email clients following their appointments to invite them to give a review with a link to the relevent page for them to enter their review.  What link can I send the client?

Thank you.

3 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by ElizabethP (Community Manager)
December 2015

Re: Inviting reviews

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Unfortunately right now there are a lot of changes with the G+ side of the Google My Business listing. A week ago you could simply add "?review=1" to the end of your Google+ page URL, but with the new G+ interface that functionality is gone :-(

If i find a solution Ill be sure to share it here!!

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hey Brona,

There is a tool that exists now that will give you a link you can send to users to leave you a review. Here it is: http://pleper.com/index.php?do=tools&sdo=google_review_link

Joy Hawkins, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Owner of Sterling Sky
Read My Column on Search Engine Land
MyAdvanced Local SEO Training Manual

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Some nice tools on Pleper.com but all of the links it generates just take the user to a search result that has the "Write a review" button.. nothing as direct as the old review=1 trick that brought u the review box directly.... Oh well.. I guess its as close as we can get for now.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @Alex D

I have some methodology in here, perhaps you could have a play around

http://onlineownership.com/direct-link-to-your-google-business-review-page-for-customers/

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for this. I was hoping for a solution that doesn't cost money. Am I being naive or unrealistic to expect google to offer a simple, direct solution?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for this. I tried what you suggested but it didn't work for me. There was no ludocid anywhere in the url so I used the string of numbers that came after the caption lrd (that seemed the closest parallel to your example). That took me to a page inviting me to sign in to my google account!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I'm not able to get this to work either. There's got to be an easier and better way to get this done. Come on Google

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Hi @Tom S

Are you a service area business (meeting customers at their location) or do customers come to you?

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Did you get a solution to this? I am also having the same problem. It seems amazing that there is not an Invite to Review function!!