Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Insights keep decreasing for no reason

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I manage a Google+ business page and during the past years the visibility Insights were always above 2,000 monthly. Since February the views are keep decreasing for no apparent reason. The surprising factor is that since January we are more active than ever in posting, so anyone would expect the numbers to start rising. So from 2,400 views in January, this month July, it shows me roughly 500 views. This is totally not normal. I am not talking about paid advertisements etc. This is completely on Google+ business page insights. People who follow us or find our posts/photos/Google+ page profile from other sources. Is there any problem, should I mention it in troubleshooting, is there any Google update? Seasonal decrease might be normal, but this reached as low as 500 and I am afraid next month will have zero insight views. I have read someone's else thread that their business page views got flattened to zero for no reason after continuous decrease but there was no clear explanation underneath and I am not sure how their problem was solved and case closed. Also, how is it possible in the posts section, in "Recent Posts" the "reach" to be zero but when I choose "views" to have a number? Even if there is a current problem in G+ for July, there is probably a greater one with my page since January as the insights are keep decreasing. Please, find attached screenshots I had taken from January, February, March, June and July Insights this year. Let me know. I value your input.

JanuaryJanuaryFebruaryFebruaryMarchMarchJuneJuneJulyJuly

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Insights keep decreasing for no reason

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
From the graphs, it looks like the majority of your insights are from posts. Since they no longer show up in the search results and are not in the knowledge graph anymore, the only way someone would see your posts is if they were on G+. So unless you have a steady following on G+ you would see little activity from your posts.

Joy Hawkins, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Owner of Sterling Sky
Read My Column on Search Engine Land
MyAdvanced Local SEO Training Manual

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Maria,
I understand how this can be frustrating. Please link your G+ page in a reply. I will take a look at the page.
Ben Fisher, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter and Founder at Steady Demand - Social SEO 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
How is it possible that they no longer show up in the search results? And have little activity all posts massively?
Did Google change any algorithm or had any update on January or February? Isnt it this I am just showing you and describing really weird? It it normal that for the past years we had views fluctuating always above 2,000 and now within 5 months we have 500 or so? And as you can see from the insights graphs, the views as you can see were pretty split between posts and photos. And some months even had more views from photos than posts. So what did it change? And if they were in the knowledge graph previously and not anymore how do we reverse it?

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
You don't see posts unless you are signed in and are following the page or are connected to it.

Please see:

http://thenextweb.com/google/2015/06/30/google-brand-posts-will-no-longer-show-up-google-search-card...

https://www.searchenginejournal.com/google-links-and-reviews-dropped-from-google-search-results/1412...

Owner of Sterling Sky

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Unfortunately, I am not allowed to post publicly that the particular business have this issue. Any ideas why is this happening or how to get a Google representative check the business page in my account?

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
You can call Google directly here: https://support.google.com/business/contact/business_c2c_l?hl=en&rd=2#cft=5

Unfortunately like Ben said, most of us here can't really assist without knowing the details of your business.

Owner of Sterling Sky

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Hi Maria,
If you are posting every day, getting involved in communities, have created collections and are generally engaging with people then your stats should rise.

I would be less concerned with insights and more concerned about engagement.

In my experience, with 100;s of brand pages, these graphs show me that no photos were posted in July, and general page activity is low.

Without the URL to look at we cannot assist much further.

Also, I just realized this is a "BRAND PAGE", not a local page. We can tell this since "Search" is not included in the pageviews :)

I would encourage to post more and engage as the page often. Your numbers will rise.
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
The business views and traffic was not based on the knowledge graph though, cause if it was we would have an effect since last year when it was decided by Google with an all at once cutting number. (plus we do not benefit with local criteria which the knowledge graph is useful. We are a Brand page). We have a weird gradually issue since February and so they either are massively logging out or what else could it be? The posting frequency rose (from 5 posts per month to 15-20 posts per month) and I keep noting that the more we post the less we have. How is this possible?

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor
Hello Maria,
The only thing I can say at this point is keep posting, get involved with people in communities and create collections for your page.
Google shifted to collections and communities, so focus there :)

Hope this helps.