1.9K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Insights data refresh cycle time frame

Rising Star
# 1
Rising Star

I am experimenting with the new text messaging feature that I found out about on @Mike Blumenthal' blog about the new customer direct text feature. I wanted to see and track the activity along with what Google reports. My question is what is the refresh rate of the data. Right now my view is 3 days old. Is the data displayed with a lag or is it one a week something like that. I was not able to find a reference to that. Can anyone let me know if there is a special view I am missing or just wait till see when it updates?

David W Cox, Google My Business Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Find me on: Google+ | Facebook |
2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author David W Cox
July

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

We don't really know the refresh rate but we do know what metrics they will track:

-Number of Clicks on the message button
-Number of actual conversations with customers
-Number of Actual messages with customers

My guess is that we are in early days so behaviors could be unpredictable. With Posts, they take several days to catch up so I wouldn't send up the red flags for another day or three.

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

I will keep my flags at my side for some time and just watch what happens, debating if or how to use it in my mind. I am curious to know from your response the difference in Conversations with Customers vs Messages with Customers. To get conversations does that mean they are doing call tracking on messages that turn into conversations since I assume the conversation must be a phone call. 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Find me on: Google+ | Facebook |

Re: Insights data refresh cycle time frame

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I see

Call you (which is a click on the phone number)

Chat to you (which is an SMS or Allo chat interaction)

Is that what you are referring to with conversations?

They are tracking the click on the phone number and perhaps the duration of the call. If it is longer than X than it counts. 

Screen Shot 2017-07-14 at 9.42.14 AM.png

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star

Yes, I was confused by the term conversations. I get it know, call duration time makes sense as the conversation. I can not wait to see if it creates more conversions. Can you use your pull to get Google to put the feature in mobile to turn chat on and off in the mobile view, not just desk top view?  So if out and busy can stop it till available.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Product is clearly early and in testing... I have no pull other than the bully pulpit I sometimes mount but will mention the feature request.