1.7K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Increase these numbers?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

IS there a way to increase my impressions of my business to a targeted and local population? We are a small business, and most of our clients don't like to travel over a 5miles to visit us, so wondering if we can target people within 5 miles of our location

Increase these numbers?

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

You can target potential customers by geographic location using Google Adwords, if you're just asking about general ways to increase your exposure within your neighborhood. If you're asking about SEO though, there's a lot less you can do to control where Google decides to display your business. Luckily, Google already assumes that people near your location will be more interested in visiting you vs a farther off competitor. 

If you do the same kinds of activities any business would do to increase their online presence (get more reviews, optimize your website, make sure online business directories have the correct information for your business, and so on) you'll see the majority of new people seeing your business will tend to be nearby. You can actually test this to see what I mean: next time you're driving across the city, do a search from your cell phone for salons, and repeat the search at two or three stops along the way. You'll likely see different businesses each time, and yours will likely only show up when you're on that side of town. 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.