Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Increase doing business "Within" Range

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Im trying to increase the range in which we do business in to whole Australia and change number from "999 km" to "9999 km". However it does not seem to be working. When I save and get out I can still see it says "999 KM".

Please see screenshot: 

https://postimg.org/image/adwtyd3zr/

https://postimg.org/image/tka11jkhj/

1. Full business name: EziCleen Surface Protection
2. Current business address: 232 Cambridge Road, Kilsyth, Victoria
3. Current telephone number: 1300 146 136
4. Google+ URL: https://business.google.com/b/101172875939002554921

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Increase doing business "Within" Range

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Shervin,

Please try the option for City Names and post codes, try entering Australia there. Should work.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

@Sujay B's right, selecting all of Australia a different way should work, I don't think you can set a radius that large. 

There's a few problems though. 

First, selecting a radius larger than 40 miles I've seen come along with ranking problems. Not only will setting a large ranking not help you rank in the maps anywhere outside your actual physical location, it'll potentially even prevent you from ranking well even there. 

A bigger issue though, check out the Google Guidelines:

In order to qualify for a Google My Business listing, a business must make in-person contact with customers during its stated hours.

After looking at your site, it doesn't look like you qualify for a GMB listing. Unless you actually physically have technicians meet with customers in person, you don't get a GMB listing. You can still get a lot of traffic from Google though, but you'll have to do it by getting your website to rank in the organic results instead. 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I will try this see how we go. How long until it get populated into search result?

Thanks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
James,

At this stage we seem to be ranking well in cities outside our "radius" which causing a problem. We do have technicians in basically all cities in Australia and do make in person contact with them. I'm currently testing Sujay B's recommendation to see if it works or not.

Thanks

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

The suggestion to use Australia should work. If it doesn't, you can always select a few cities in different corners of Australia, and Google will fill in all the area between those cities too. 

Like I said though, there is literally zero positive ranking benefit in doing this. The only reason you might want to, is so that if people do a search for you by name, they'll see the knowledge panel with the map showing you service all of Australia. You will show in no more places for having 1,000km for your service area than you would if you'd selected 30. In most industries you can't expect to show in the map results outside the city your business is registered in, but if it's sparse enough and there's low enough competition, you can show in a wider area, it's true. 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.