5.1K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Incorrect Info for Points of Interest Carousel

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Our client is having a unique issue where our location is not showing up in the Points of Interest carousel for the city we are located in but is showing up in the carousel for the city it used to be located in. Our listing, The College Football Hall of Fame (https://www.google.com/maps/place/College+Football+Hall+of+Fame/@33.7601908,-84.395534,15z/data=!4m2... was previously located in South Bend, IN and moved to Atlanta in 2014.

The current address is:
College Football Hall of Fame

250 Marietta St. NW
Atlanta, GA 30313
Phone: 404.880.4800

We have been working with the Google team via phone support for quite awhile to remove references in the knowledge panel for South Bend, IN and have made progress. It now says “museum in atlanta, georgia” and shows up in the local carousel for "museums in atlanta". However, we are still having a big issue where it is appearing in the Points of Interest carousel when a user searches “things to do in south bend” (https://www.google.com/search?q=things+to+do+in+south+bend&oq=things+to+do+in+south+bend) and not at all the carousel for “things to do in atlanta”.

We have tried multiple times via Google phone and Twitter support to resolve this with no luck. Has anyone seen this before? Is it simply an algorithmic issue? Will it resolve over time? 

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Incorrect Info for Points of Interest Carousel

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Jonathan

I'm assuming all your previous citations (the ones listing your address as South Bend) have been removed or updated to the new address?

If so, then I think this might have to be escalated to our CM to see if she can help at all.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for your reply, Priya. Yes, that is correct - our citations have been updated. I should also note that we do show up correctly in the knowledge graph and knowledge graph carousel (ex. "museums in atlanta"). It seems like the Points of Interest carousel is the only issue but it is a big one for us!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hmm, I'll escalate this to my CM Jonathan. I'm not sure if she'll be able to do anything but she may be able to forward it to the appropriate team in Google.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
That would be great, Priya. Thank you. It probably is just a matter of getting it in front of the right team, although I have no idea which one that might be. Let me know!

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Will do Jonathan.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Priya. I just wanted to follow up on this thread for The College Football Hall of Fame not showing up in the points of interest carousel in Atlanta. We are still showing up under "things to do in South Bend": https://www.google.com/search?q=things+to+do+in+south+bend&oq=things+to+do+in+south+bend)

Can you please give us a status update, or let us know who we should reach out to in order to get this issue resolved?
Thanks!
Aaron

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Hi Aaron

I'll ping my CM again and see if she's heard anything.

Community Manager
# 9
Community Manager

Hi @Aaron K,

Priya asked me to jump into this thread to provide you with an update. Unfortunately, no resolution yet, but our teams are working on it. Priya and I will keep you updated when we hear more. Please know that our teams are actively working on this, and at this point we do not have an ETA. We will update you again as soon as we have more information.

Best,

Liz

GMB Community Manager 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello! We are a local attraction in Victoria BC and are trying to figure out how to be listed on the points of interest carousel for things to do in Victoria. Do you know where I can go about doing this? Thank you!