Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Incorrect Google Map Directions

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When you try to "Google Map" to my business (McGavick Conference Center in Lakewood, WA) it tells you to park on a road and walk to the venue almost two blocks away. Is there a way that I can edit/modify these driving directions? Thanks for any insight you might have!

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Incorrect Google Map Directions

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hey Cal,

Have you tried adjusting the map marker inside your dashboard at Google.com/business?

Joy Hawkins, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Owner of Sterling Sky
Read My Column on Search Engine Land
MyAdvanced Local SEO Training Manual

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Cal E & @JoyHawkins

Adding an other question to the one Joy asked Cal:

it appears that both online mapping services (GMaps & Bing.com) locate you center at the same location 

But Bing .com shows the mentioned address " 4500 Steilacoom Blvd SW · 98499 Lakewood" quite differently (and much closer to your center) as GMaps does.

More bad:

GMaps doesn't show the road connecting your center and the point 47.174763, -122.494164

at the Market St SW (as Bing.com obviously does).

So my reommendation is to improve the mapped area araound your center to the east through MapMaker before following Joys advice.

Again:

This is my advice compare your area in GMaps with the same area  in bing.com.

Otherwise and despite of moving the marker according Joy will not give your customers correct directions to the center.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
I requested a correction of the directions endpoint for the conference center marker.
I will post back when I hear from Google about my report , but please post back here if you do not hear from me in 2 weeks.

Regarding the actual address
4500 Steilacoom Blvd SW, Lakewood, WA 98499
directions would keep pointing to the same spot on Steilacoom Blvd SW because that is where the address marker is located.
A change of the directions endpoint would require a re-positioning of the address marker and possibly a new report to Google.

Is it correct that several buildings in that complex share the same address?
Thank you

treebles, Google My Business Top Contributor