AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Incorrect Driving / Walking Directions to My business

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Business Name: Crepes of Brittany

Address: 211 Alvarado St, Monterey, CA 93940

Business Phone: 831-649-1930

Current Google Maps URL: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Crepes+of+Brittany/@36.6015858,-121.8930591,18.79z/data=!4m5!3m4!1...

Hello,

We would like to have our driving and walking directions adjusted please. We want people who are driving and need to park, to be directed to the wharf parking lot, then walk over a footbridge.

I have included a screen shot of roughly, what we would likeDowntown_Alvarado_To_Wharf_Parking_Sattelite_View_006..png

2 Expert replyverified_user

Incorrect Driving / Walking Directions to My business

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

I have asked a fellow TC to report this issue to Google.

Re: Incorrect Driving / Walking Directions to My business

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Helmut, thank you.  Are there any tools that I can use to adjust directions for any of the modes of transportation?  This is a tourist destination and there is no parking directly near this restaurant.  There are many directions people come from and they could be walking, cycling, driving, or coming on a bus.

Sometimes the driving directions look like this next image. It has people drive past 2 parking garage's, 3 parking lots, through a tunnel on Lighthouse Ave., down to Foam street, left to Reeside, left on Lighthouse Ave. doubling back on the same road through the same tunnel again, a few more right turns into the Portola Plaza valet and drop off area (where you can't park).  That's nearly 1 mile of driving and still unable to actually get to the restaurant.  Many people get confused and give up.

If there were tools to draw paths that could be followed or even have zones of available local parking that would help a great deal. Thank you.Downtown_Alvarado_To_Wharf_Parking_Satellite_View_wrong_way_foam_u-turn.001.png

Re: Incorrect Driving / Walking Directions to My business

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Tom H,

There is no combined driving and walking directions on Google Maps, the driving directions would end at the driving directions access point and then a dashed curved gray line will connect the driving directions access point with the marker location for the business, there would not be walking directions.

Full walking directions are provided when asking for walking directions or for the walking segments of public transit directions only.

Regarding your request about the driving directions, I am not sure if Google would accept such request. Although I know that street parking can be difficult in Monterey and time limited, there is street parking available in the nearby streets and there are two public parking lots available also nearby, in addition to the wharf parking lot. I would say that the current access point for driving directions is appropriate, people would have to decide were to park once they get to the vicinity of the plaza.

Regarding the walking directions, they can use some improvements because now they end at at the same pint as the driving directions, but they could end in front of the business since there is a walking trail. I can escalate it to get the walking directions corrected.

treebles, Google My Business Top Contributor