Guide Me
star_border
Highlighted

Incorrect Driving / Walking Directions to My business

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The location pin to our business is correct and we are verified but;

1) When searching by our address (5/21 Resolution Drive, Caringbah, Sydney) the pin is incorrect and goes to 3/21 Resolution Drive.

2) The Google Maps driving and walking directions are incorrect. Our business is The Body Factory, 5/21 Resolution Drive, Caringbah, Sydney. The street entrance is a long drive way on Resolution Drive, however when search by 'The Body Factory', the driving directions take customers to the adjacent street (Endeavour Road, Caringbah) with walking instructions to the back of the building. 

Seeking your expertise to assist!

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Chris G

Please click this link: https://goo.gl/maps/E7jrzRvZuKx

Now apply a rightclick at exact the location of the wanted access point of your business and hit "what's here"?

You should get below GMaps then the lat/long  of this access point.

I need this  lat/long to ask Google to correct  your driving directions

_________________________________________________________________________________

Attention: Please make sure to mention me by adding @[myname] to your responses. Otherwise the notification might not make it and your thread will go unseen.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Helmut Geissler many thanks for the assistance. The Lat/Long for the driveway entrance are:

34°02'03.0"S 151°07'59.5"E

-34.034172, 151.133197

Will Google Maps then pick up the walking directions down the driveway?

Chris

Re: Incorrect Driving / Walking Directions to My business

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Chris G,

I will escalate the matter to Google employees to get it resolved.

Is the marker for the business listing at the correct location?

https://www.google.com/maps/place/The+Body+Factory/@-34.034589,151.1319932,203m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1!4m...

treebles, Google My Business Top Contributor

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @treebles, confirmed the marker is in the correct location and directions are now correct when searching our business name 'The Body Factory'. 

@Helmut Geissler was helping with the driveway location and checking Google Maps this has been fixed which is great news.

The remaining problem we have is if customer searches by our address only (5/21 Resolution Drive, Caringbah, Sydney) the pin goes to our neighbour at 3/21 Resolution Drive. I'm not sure whether this can be fixed.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi @Chris G

I'm not sure whether and how to sort out the mess about 3/21 Resolution Drive, Caringbah, Sydney versus 5/21 Resolution Drive, Caringbah, Sydney.

Actually searching for both addressesGMaps pinpointsthem at the same location (its coordinates are  -34.034298, 151.132776)

If there is somethings to correct it can done through GMaps (send feedback) only.

Or @treebles wil have a better idea?