AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Incorrect Address for Palmetto Distillery

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Palmetto Distillery's listing shows only the city and state.  The complete address is 200 West Benson Street, Anderson, SC.  Also, no location is shown on the map.  Instead, a big circle is shown encompassing portions of northwestern South Carolina, southwestern North Carolina, and northeast Georgia.  I'm not sure if the business has opted to display a service area.  However, it would be more appropriate for there to be a place marker at the correct location on the map, as this business has a storefront.

Also, I'm unable to change the hours.  They should be M-W 10a-6p and Th-Sat 10a-7p.  This is what is listed on the business's website.

864-226-9917
1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nik Jain
February

Re: Incorrect Address for Palmetto Distillery

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Nik Jain,

It is the business owner that decided to set the listing as a service area business with hidden address. This is something that the business owners would have to correct themselves through their Google My Business dashboard. Google would not change the status of the business listing and remove the service area and show the address by request of people not affiliated with the business.

Since it is common for business owners to create a SAB with hidden address, when it would be more appropriate to display the address, it would be helpful if you contact them and let them know of the situation. Point them to this help article in the help center so they can learn about service areas and hidden addresses and how to edit them.

https://support.google.com/business/answer/3038163

treebles, Google My Business Top Contributor

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nik Jain
February

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Nik Jain,

It is the business owner that decided to set the listing as a service area business with hidden address. This is something that the business owners would have to correct themselves through their Google My Business dashboard. Google would not change the status of the business listing and remove the service area and show the address by request of people not affiliated with the business.

Since it is common for business owners to create a SAB with hidden address, when it would be more appropriate to display the address, it would be helpful if you contact them and let them know of the situation. Point them to this help article in the help center so they can learn about service areas and hidden addresses and how to edit them.

https://support.google.com/business/answer/3038163

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@treebles Do you recommend I contact them through the contact information provided on their G Maps listing?  Or perhaps look for an email address on the business website?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Nik Jain,

I was hoping you were local to the location and could visit the distillery in person and talk to somebody there.

If that is not the case, use whatever contact information you have available to communicate electronically with them.

Incorrect Address for Palmetto Distillery

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@treebles I've contacted the business about the issue via email and Facebook.  I will keep an eye out for any updates.  Thanks for your advice so far!