Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Include .com in my Google+ Page/Youtube Channel URL

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I just created a Youtube Channel and Google+ Page, and I'm eligible to customize my URL.

The suggested URL given to me is: google.com/+Plantaerevolution and of course Google tells me to add a few characters. It does not let me add .com

My current Google+ Page URL: plus.google.com/112200481775575851907 

My current Youtube URL: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClEaWul4jayh-c7LQtZ5RkQ

What I want: I'd like to keep the name PlantaeRevolution.com the same across all Social Media.

Question: My understanding is that once I claim my customized URL on Google+, I'll have the same name on Youtube. Am I correct? 

Thank you in advance.

3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author PlantaeRevolutioncom
May 2016

Re: Include .com in my Google+ Page/Youtube Channel URL

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@PlantaeRevolutioncom The basics of it will be to create a new YouTube channel using the G+ page as the owner. Then it will inherit the Vanity URL automatically.

Please close this thread with the best answer and open a new thread, with the new question. It helps keep the Q/A organized :) 

Regards,

Ben Fisher Google+ | Twitter 

Ben Fisher, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter and Founder at Steady Demand - Social SEO 

View solution in original post

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello, How long has the page been verified (check mark next to URL) ? In my experience, with G+ pages, you need to be actively posting and gain some followers to establish some credibility.

Although I have seen some rare instances, where if you simply wait a week, the vanity will open up and not require adding extra characters. I looked around and saw no other profiles or pages with that domain name attached to them, so you should get the vanity URL.

The URL is directly connected the website URL. Hope this was of help although I have seen some rare instances, where if you simply wait a week, the vanity will open up and not require adding extra characters.

I looked around and saw no other profiles or pages with that domain name attached to them, so you should get the vanity URL. The URL is directly connected the website URL. Hope this was of help

Regards,

Ben Fisher 

<edited by a Community Manager as noted below>
Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, per our Community Guidelines, in order to remove a self-promotional signature. Thank you for your understanding.
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @PlantaeRevolutioncom

@Ben Fisher's points are exactly on topic for a custom URL but correct me if I'm wrong but how can you ever get a URL from a website (other than your own) that ends in .com?

Won't that break the TLD and thus create an endless loop? You could get /plantaerevolutioncom /plantaerevolutionDotcom but I don't see how you could get the actual .com as part of the URL.

If you've seen this anywhere then please let me know - as I said, I could be wrong (and often am!)

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@PriyaC You are 100% correct, the only valid Vanity URL will be PlantaeRevolution 

Or PlantaeRevolutionCom , no special characters are allowed in the Vanity URL.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, @PriyaC,
Thank you for confirming to me that I cannot use .com in the customized URL. As @Ben F mentioned, I was able to claim a vanity URL! I just needed to wait! Now, my URL is google.com/+PlantaeRevolution :smileyhappy:
Thank you very much to both for answering my question.

I have another question, though. Now that I have a customized URL on Google+, how do I do the same for my Youtube Channel?

PlantaeRevolution.com  Google+ Twitter

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author PlantaeRevolutioncom
May 2016

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@PlantaeRevolutioncom The basics of it will be to create a new YouTube channel using the G+ page as the owner. Then it will inherit the Vanity URL automatically.

Please close this thread with the best answer and open a new thread, with the new question. It helps keep the Q/A organized :) 

Regards,

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you very much for your help! I apologize I asked another question under the same thread.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Oh it is all good PlanteRevolution. We just try and keep things tidy :)

Include .com in my Google+ Page/Youtube Channel URL

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

This off-topic post has been archived by a Moderator, per our Community Guidelines. If you post again, please ensure that your post is specific to the Community and that it includes a clear, specific and detailed question or comment.

Thank you for your understanding.