My Business
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

In need of some help, please review my site.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Doors-2-Fix 

3238 S Yampa Wy Unit B

Aurora, CO 80013 

720-722-2349

https://plus.google.com/+Doors2fixLLC 

I've been trying to increase my google ranking position on local. I've noticed there are several companies that have less ratings, further away or in different cities, rank better then us on local with our main keywords. 

What should I to do next? Thank you for your time!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: In need of some help, please review my site.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Eric,

I'd recommend starting by reading these help sections to make sure that your GMB listing is fully optimized:

Improve Your Local Ranking On Google

Optimize Your Business Information

Regarding your website, at quick glance, I'd recommend building user friendly content and CTAs on your individual service pages to help searchers (and Google) better understand your offering (i/o these).

Best regards,

Meghan

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the quick reply. The page you referred from my website is a project that is currently under construction. I had no external link to that page. Do hidden (under construction) pages effect ranking also? If so should i delete them?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Eric P

@Meghan T provide some great resources, here are some addittional for homework :

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Articles/Ranking-Factors-of-a-Google-Business-Page/ba-p/50...

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Articles/Boost-your-Local-SEO-amp-Business-Visibility-in-S...

Some things I would look at :

Your business page name is not in your websites Title or other page <titles>

There are inconsistencies in your local business citations: Your Name, address and phone number should be the same across directories. ( Even your BBB name is different )

Your site is not organically positioned on page 1 for my search for >> garage door service and repair aurora.  Organic positioning plays a part in local pack positioning.

Your site could certainly do with more information on services / repairs that you provide, localized content.

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Great articles from @Tim Capper!

To answer your question about your "hidden" pages - your current settings do allow Google bots to crawl and index these pages. To see what pages have been indexed, check here.

Instead of deleting these pages, best case would be that you build them out using Tim's recommendations or working with someone who can update your settings and resubmit through Google Search Console.