My Business
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

I want main building's address instead of branch address to show up in search results

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,
A branch, instead of the headquarters, of my business show up in Google Search/Chrome. This causes visitors and suppliers to go to the wrong location.
We are a school with a main building (at the Contactweg 36 in Amsterdam) and two branches (Dintelstraat 15 and Condensatorweg 36, both in Amsterdam), and want the main building to appear when someone searches for "Mediacollege" or "Mediacollege Amsterdam". Please help!

Mediacollege Amsterdam
Contactweg 36
1014 AN Amsterdam

+31 (0)20 8509500

https://www.google.nl/maps/place/Mediacollege+Amsterdam+hoofdgebouw+Contactweg/@52.3909826,4.8559059...

www.ma-web.nl

1 Expert replyverified_user

I want main building's address instead of branch address to show up in search results

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

to tell you the plain truth:

both of the listings violate Google naming rules.

and beside of this bad news here is an other one:

the website linked for the "Dintelstraat" tells you more about the "hoofdgebouw" as anout the secondary location at the Dintelstraat.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your reply!

But how do the listings violate Google naming rules? I'm not familiar with this.

As for the website, even though we have 3 locations, we have one central website for the whole school. This is fairly common when it comes to schools. Why doesn't Google like this?

And why is it, that out of the three listings, the "Dintelstraat" (= branch) pops up as the first search result? It looks kind of arbitrary.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

as said: they vioalate the NAMING rules 

There is neither a  business "Mediacollege Amterdam hoofdgebouw" nor  a bsuiness "Mediacollege Amsterdam - vestiging Dintelstraat"

Both listings need to have as name just "Mediacollege Amsterdam"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your help.

I just tried to change the name of all 3 locations to the same name (= Mediacollege Amsterdam). That worked for 2 of the 3 locations. I cannot seem to change the 3rd, as it's been marked as 'duplicate'. I don't want this because it's not a duplicate in my eyes. Do you know how the 'duplicate' tag can be removed? Without that, I don't seem to be able to change the location's name.
Thank you. 

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

give me a link to the third location.

Actually and searching for "Mediacollege Amsterdam" I get on result only: the one for Contactweg 36

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Apparently after I changed the 2 names today to "Mediacollege Amsterdam" only, Google only gives one result! Contactweg 36. This is not how it should be. 

The 3 locations: 

1) Main building at the Contactweg 36: 
https://www.google.nl/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=mediacollege&rflfq=1&rlh...

2) Branch at the Condensatorweg 36:

https://www.google.nl/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=mediacollege&rflfq=1&rlh...

3) Branch at the Dintelstraat 15: 

Doesn't currently (since a few days?) show up as a seperate location but points to the main building. In my locations list, the location at the Dintelstraat is apparently marked as 'duplicate' and therefore it seems not to show up in search results. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

If I click on the link at 2) after I've just clicked on the one at 1), I get the first link/result again. If I then click on the link at 2) again, I get the correct result.

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

there is indeed no more any listing in Googles data repositiry for Dintelstraat 15 Amsterdam -not even "Mediacollege Amsterdam - vestiging Dintelstraat"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Do you know if it's possible to remove the 'duplicate' tag from the listing?