My Business
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

I purchased a Ricoh Theta S to create a virtual tour, now what?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've purchased a Ricoh Theta S for several projects, one being taking virtual tour photo's of all of my business locations. I was hoping to gather some insight on how to make that happen exactly. The cost of having a professional come do one business is around $300-400 dollars and with multiple locations that price has been quoted as high as $3000 dollars. I thought to myself, I own a tripod and I'm smart enough to press a shutter button. Turns out I'm not smart enough to get the photo's in any sort of virtual tour haha. I've "applied" to become a trusted photographer, but was met with a message that google had received my application but they weren't currently taking on any more trusted sources. Any insights you all could give me on how to make a virtual tour? (Also I've used my Theta S with the google street view app and it did add 360 photo's of my business to listing already.)

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: I purchased a Ricoh Theta S to create a virtual tour, now what?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Tristan

You can upload any videos and photos of your business to your business page, but only "trusted photographers" get the 'see inside' option (the 360 virtual tour).

It sounds like you've already uploaded 360 degree photos to your listing so that's about as far as you can go unfortunately.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
All you need is some 3rd party software, like Pano2VR. Then you can make tours in flash or html5 and upload them to your website.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am in the same situation but with a Gear 360. I created a 360 panoramic tour of my college campus in the Unity engine that mirrored Google street views functionality. I know what I'm doing.

I manage too many locations that are going through frequent renovations to make myself beholden to some "trusted photographers" for a service I could easily do myself if I had access to the same software they do. I am furious that Google is locking me out from creating virtual tours for my business, and I will not be using this service until I personally have access to create, edit, and manage them through my google business pages.