AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

I have two locations in the same town that use the same name

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I label them Barberstry - S McCall Rd and Barberstry - N Indiana Ave. Clients are constantly leaving reviews for the wrong shop. They don't think to look up the shop followed by street name, they just search "Barberstry" and the N Indiana Ave location pops up but the S McCall Rd one does not. How can I fix this? Also the one at S McCall Rd recently moved to 2411 S McCall Rd Ste D and the google maps image still shows our old bulilding. I need the maps to update to the new address.. Lastly, Barberstry at 2411 S McCall Rd used to go by the name "Finley's Barber Shop". Now somehow there is a listing for Finley's Barber Shop with our NEW address. I need this listing removed completely as I already have a listing for Barberstry at 2411 S McCall Rd but I would like to keep any reviews that listing may have. I for some reason do not have control of that listing. I only have control of the two Barberstry accounts mentioned. Help! Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mike Blumenthal (Top Contributor)
December 2016

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

N Indiana Ave location pops up but the S McCall Rd one does not. How can I fix this?

Your business at the S McAll Rd is new and Google doesn't have any history abut it. You should do what is known as a citation building and create more signals for your new business at that address. A way to start that would be to use Moz.con/local and submit the McCall Rd business there. You might need to do more than just Moz but you can assess that over time. 

I would also suggest a small website that Google could "see" that includes both addresses formatted clearly. 

Also the one at S McCall Rd recently moved to 2411 S McCall Rd Ste D and the google maps image still shows our old bulilding. I need the maps to update to the new address..

I have adjusted the location of the pin and I assume that it will move to the correct location. But you should also go into the Google My Business dashboard and confirm this location.

You can do this manually yourself by following these instructions if my move "didn't take". https://support.google.com/business/answer/6279343?hl=en

Lastly, Barberstry at 2411 S McCall Rd used to go by the name "Finley's Barber Shop". Now somehow there is a listing for Finley's Barber Shop with our NEW address. I need this listing removed completely

I have marked it as closed. Over time it will become less visible. 

I would like to keep any reviews that listing may have.

Because of a change of ownership Google won't move reviews to your new listing. Sorry. 

I for some reason do not have control of that listing. 

It appears to have been verified in an account but probably not yours. Now that I have marked as closed it should over time become less and less visible. 

View solution in original post

Re: I have two locations in the same town that use the same name

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

You should only be posting once in the forum. Let's use this one

1 - What was your old address?

2- In this map screen shot which is the correct physical location?

Screen Shot 2016-12-25 at 7.50.45 AM.png

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Old address was 2371 S McCall Rd Englewood FL 34224 and in the map screen shot it shows the old building. (The address above)

Nick Finley
Barberstry
Co-Owner
941-475-2889

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
No. Each location has a different phone number.

2411 S McCall Rd Ste D Englewood FL 34224 phone number is 941-475-2889 and 242 N Indiana Ave Englewood FL 34224 phone number is 941-460-8051

Nick Finley
Barberstry
Co-Owner
941-475-2889

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

On the map above both Findley's and Barbestry show an address of 

2411 S McCall Rd d, Englewood, FL 34224

And yet Findely's is quite a bit to the west of Barbestry. 

Obviously one of them is in the wrong location on the map

Which of the two businesses is actually at that number on the map? 

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mike Blumenthal (Top Contributor)
December 2016

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

N Indiana Ave location pops up but the S McCall Rd one does not. How can I fix this?

Your business at the S McAll Rd is new and Google doesn't have any history abut it. You should do what is known as a citation building and create more signals for your new business at that address. A way to start that would be to use Moz.con/local and submit the McCall Rd business there. You might need to do more than just Moz but you can assess that over time. 

I would also suggest a small website that Google could "see" that includes both addresses formatted clearly. 

Also the one at S McCall Rd recently moved to 2411 S McCall Rd Ste D and the google maps image still shows our old bulilding. I need the maps to update to the new address..

I have adjusted the location of the pin and I assume that it will move to the correct location. But you should also go into the Google My Business dashboard and confirm this location.

You can do this manually yourself by following these instructions if my move "didn't take". https://support.google.com/business/answer/6279343?hl=en

Lastly, Barberstry at 2411 S McCall Rd used to go by the name "Finley's Barber Shop". Now somehow there is a listing for Finley's Barber Shop with our NEW address. I need this listing removed completely

I have marked it as closed. Over time it will become less visible. 

I would like to keep any reviews that listing may have.

Because of a change of ownership Google won't move reviews to your new listing. Sorry. 

I for some reason do not have control of that listing. 

It appears to have been verified in an account but probably not yours. Now that I have marked as closed it should over time become less and less visible. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
The one that is a bit west is the actual address/image that needs to be shown. The image it shows now is 2371 S McCall Rd (our old address). We changed our name from Finleys to Barberstry.

Nick Finley
Barberstry
Co-Owner
941-475-2889

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Thanks. I finally figured that out. Its always a little hard to confirm "ground truth" at a distance.