AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2K members online now
2K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

I have 2 locations but my main one doesnt show anymore - want to close the minor one

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have two office locations currently and for years my main office has been the one that has shown up when searched for , had plenty of reviews etc but several months my second / minor location got its first review (it never used to really show up in results so never got reviews but someone got one) and now that location ALWAYS shows up when people search for my business name. This is not good because it only has 1 review which makes us look un-established / not popular when we have been going for 10 years and have plenty of decent reviews plus the big problem I have not is that I want to close the minor office and I have tried closing that listing and it still appears in google searches but shows us as closed down! Seeing that a lot / most of my business comes from internet searches if the result is showing im closed down then it will kill my business.

How can I do the following :

1. Close the minor second listing and not have it show up in results at all

2. Ensure that my main office is the listing that shows up now and after I close the other office.

This is a major issue for me and one that could literally destroy my business

1 Expert replyverified_user

I have 2 locations but my main one doesnt show anymore - want to close the minor one

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

not a single reply in 4 days - thanks google , way to support your users by leaving them high and dry.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

tell you what @Phil r

you are leaving us volunteering helpers here "high and dry"  as you missed providing  concrete informations about the "two office locations"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

the logical thing would be to specify exactly what information you require in order to answer a question so that I can provide it. I don't see how you are left "high and dry" when it is mybusiness that is at risk and the only inconvience to you is a minute to type out an unhelpful comment - what is the point in being a volunteer helper that just provides sarcastic comments and no help at all?  My point is that I have spent many hours trying to find a solution to a serious problem I have  to no avail , there is no way (other than these communities) that I can see of getting this info from google . So clearly, because there is no (obvious/easy) way to find out this answer and the only official (because this community is an official google forum and I have seen google employees post in them before) way to get any question to google is here , when i do not recieve any response, answer, solution etc then I am being left high and dry by google. 

Also, I dont really see what info you would need about the two office locations - there are two locations , one shows up as default in searchs and I do not want that because it is not the primary one AND i am about to close it. I tried closing it online in anticipation and it then shows as permently closed leaving me in a position of when my customers search they will get that closed location back in the search giving the appearance that my entire business is closed. Yet there is no way to change this. What concrete info do you need beyond that to understand?