AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
5K members online now
5K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

I edit our business name, but it never gets fixed in the Google listing (it's okay everywhere else)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Full Business Name: Northland Public Library

Current Business Address: 300 Cumberland Road Pittsburgh, PA 15237-5455

Current Telephone Number: (412) 366-8100

Google Maps URL: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Northland+Public+Library/@40.5710081,-80.0368337,17z/data=!3m1!4b1...
Websites: https://www.northlandlibrary.org

We claimed our Google Place / My Business a long time ago and edited the profile.  But when you do a Google search on Northland Library or Northland Public Library, the sidebar listing that shows up in the Google search says "Northland Public Library Central Library."  We haven't figured out how to make that Central Library bit go away.

1 Expert replyverified_user

I edit our business name, but it never gets fixed in the Google listing (it's okay everywhere else)

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

I know this is a very long existing bug and I'm not sure if there is a way to fix it but I will ask Google and let you know what they say!

Joy Hawkins, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Owner of Sterling Sky
Read My Column on Search Engine Land
MyAdvanced Local SEO Training Manual

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

So I heard back and unfortunately this is a long-standing bug that there isn't a solution for at the moment until Google fixes the bug.  

Sorry :(

Joy Hawkins, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Owner of Sterling Sky
Read My Column on Search Engine Land
MyAdvanced Local SEO Training Manual