My Business
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

I cannot update my business cover photo photo.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I am trying to update my google plus photo. I place my content too close to the edge and it gets cut off in your responsive layout. Which is odd in itself since i used the guided size. 1080 x 608

I follow your steps on how to add a cover image. I went to my business page, then the photo tab like instructed. When i try to select my image type it wont let me. There is no option to upload or replace any of the images.http://prntscr.com/buibe3

Please help

Re: I cannot update my business cover photo photo.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Chris,

Unfortunately, those are the correct dimensions. However, as you mentioned as you scale down the profile responsively Google scales the photo which is why you are seeing parts cut off. I have seen some users move the images and content inward toward the center so scaling doesn't affect what users can see. Also, Png-24 photos seem to retain quality better.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello,

Thank you. When I try to add the new photo the option to add is not there
please see screenshot
http://prntscr.com/bwagz2

Please advise

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Does it not give you the option to change when you hover over the image in question (see below)?

2016-07-22_21-19-01.jpg

If not, try navigating to the actual page and changing it there. (See below)

2016-07-22_21-21-57.jpg

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello,

It is not providing me any of those options when I hover over it.

Please help.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Can you try signing out of your business account and maybe clear your cache and cookies in the browser you use. Then sign back in and try again.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Jordan,

I have tried that as well as trying different browsers. Is there anything else you can think of that would cause this to occur? I can update all other settings but this one. I am extremely concerned since I really need to get this updated. Are there ways to filter manager access to certain parts? Can only page creators edit the cover images?

Please help

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Have you ever had the ability to change the cover photo? So you are not the page creator?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes I originally updated it. And it looked a bit off in certain screen sizes. So I reworked the graphic elements and tried to re upload it and it would not let me. I delete the original cover photo from the general photos section but not to upload for the cover image.

Please advise
Thanks

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
I will see if there is a bug and escalate your issue up the ladder.