My Business
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

I cannot update my business cover photo photo.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I am trying to update my google plus photo. I place my content too close to the edge and it gets cut off in your responsive layout. Which is odd in itself since i used the guided size. 1080 x 608

I follow your steps on how to add a cover image. I went to my business page, then the photo tab like instructed. When i try to select my image type it wont let me. There is no option to upload or replace any of the images.http://prntscr.com/buibe3

Please help

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: I cannot update my business cover photo photo.

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Chris,

Unfortunately, those are the correct dimensions. However, as you mentioned as you scale down the profile responsively Google scales the photo which is why you are seeing parts cut off. I have seen some users move the images and content inward toward the center so scaling doesn't affect what users can see. Also, Png-24 photos seem to retain quality better.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello,

Thank you. When I try to add the new photo the option to add is not there
please see screenshot
http://prntscr.com/bwagz2

Please advise

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Does it not give you the option to change when you hover over the image in question (see below)?

2016-07-22_21-19-01.jpg

If not, try navigating to the actual page and changing it there. (See below)

2016-07-22_21-21-57.jpg

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello,

It is not providing me any of those options when I hover over it.

Please help.

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star
Can you try signing out of your business account and maybe clear your cache and cookies in the browser you use. Then sign back in and try again.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Jordan,

I have tried that as well as trying different browsers. Is there anything else you can think of that would cause this to occur? I can update all other settings but this one. I am extremely concerned since I really need to get this updated. Are there ways to filter manager access to certain parts? Can only page creators edit the cover images?

Please help

Rising Star
# 8
Rising Star
Have you ever had the ability to change the cover photo? So you are not the page creator?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes I originally updated it. And it looked a bit off in certain screen sizes. So I reworked the graphic elements and tried to re upload it and it would not let me. I delete the original cover photo from the general photos section but not to upload for the cover image.

Please advise
Thanks

Rising Star
# 10
Rising Star
I will see if there is a bug and escalate your issue up the ladder.