AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

I Have Posts But Google My Business Saying I Don't And To Publish My First

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My "Google My Business Page" has many posts on it which I have been placing there for a very long time. Upon conducting some edits, there is a "New" menu item on the left called "Posts", when I click it, it tells me

"You haven't posted anything yet
There are no posts being shown on Google right now." 

In a panic, I check my page and lo and behold...all of my posts are there BUT, apparently the "New" posts feeds to Google Search results and Google Maps yet my "Old" Posts do not. The "Old" posts should be brought into the "New" posts area, but no indication on how to transfer. Need assist/feedback

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Marcus,

It sounds like you have a Google+ page for your business and have made regular posts to that system... and not are learning about the new post feature for GMB (Google My Business) listings. 

Please take a look at this information to learn how to utilize the post feature for GMB... and continue to use your Google+ page as you have been. These are two separate platforms and you cannot migrate your Google+ posts to the GMB system. Please read all of the info provided to best understand what to present and how to use the GMB post feature. 

Kind Regards,

James

Re: I Have Posts But Google My Business Saying I Don

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for that information and clarification. Any idea how/if it is
possible to 'push' content to that platform as I do with the other Google
page? Currently using Hootsuite to publish to multiple platforms as well as
the RSS feed from our Wordpress site so news items are pushed to social
shortly after published on WP site

Marcus Ippolito

973-668-3968

marcusipp@gmail.com

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Marcus,

You are very welcome. 

Currently, with this being a fairly new GMB feature, there is no way to push data like that (that I am aware of). I don't think the system wants duplicate data (and just any data) posted to the GMB listing. This feature is meant to utilize carefully crafted info... which then expires and is auto removed in seven days by the system. Be sure to read this information about making great posts. 

Kind Regards,

James