My Business
2K members online now
2K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

How to warn location has restrictions on access?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The location I am helping to edit is a historic landscape garden which, while open to the public, does not usually allow children under 15.

Of course the owners do not want would-be visitors with young children to have a wasted journey, driving to the location only to find they cannot see the garden after all. I cannot find a way to indicate this in Google My Business, however.

While there may not be many locations that have this particular restriction, presumably there are various venues/businesses/attractions that might need to warn users viewing their details (e.g. on Google Maps) that the location is not suitable for some visitors. An obvious example that springs to mind is that some old buildings are not accessible to people with reduced mobility.

The same would go for this lava tube in Iceland I visited recently; how could they warn people who might only view their information on Google that access to the cave would not be possible for anyone who might struggle to climb two steep spiral staircases, or not feel confident walking over its rocky floor by torchlight alone?

1 Expert replyverified_user

How to warn location has restrictions on access?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

from my point of veiw this is kind of a featur request.

AFAIK there is not yet any feature you could use to inform about or to manage such restrictions.

Will bring this thread to Googles attention

for my own reference only:

interesting feature request