AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
3K members online now
3K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

How to show prices on Google local search results

[ Edited ]
Community Manager
# 1
Community Manager

This popular discussion was copied from the former Help Forum, answered by Community User JoyHawkins. 

On some local search results prices show up (for accommodation in particular). Would like to know where do we add prices to our Google business listing to achieve this?

Answer: Here is Google's official help article on Hotel amenities: https://support.google.com/business/answer/6215588?hl=en

I also know this guide gives some tips on how to get listed: http://www.buuteeq.com/blog/a-hotels-guide-to-google-hotel-finder/

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Marissa Nordahl, Community Manager, Google My Business
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Follow us on GMB on Social: Facebook | Twitter
2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by ElizabethP (Community Manager)
November 2015

Re: How to show prices on Google local search results

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Thanks for sharing!

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by ElizabethP (Community Manager)
November 2015

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Thanks for sharing!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi, i have the same problem, as prices for my hotel are not shown any more on the google hotel results. It would be really great if i could get some help how to put it back, but the links provided here are dead.

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager

Hi @Albergo B,

Please feel free to start a new thread with your details in order for our team to best assist you with this question. This can be done by clicking up to our top level community, select the most applicable board, then click the red/pink plus sign in the lower right hand corner of your screen to start a new thread.

Thanks,
Liz

GMB Community Manager 

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I can't find anything in the above post regarding adding prices to you hotel but I'm pretty sure you have to buy ads to do it.

First link looks like general google information and the other one is dead.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am pretty sure people are still looking for this answer as I was, so I thought I would offer up the info I have discovered chatting with google via phone.  Google claims there is no way, even through google advertising, to add pricing to your listing.  They claim it happens 'organically' as their web crawler searches the internet, finding pricing on it's own.  When I pointed out that the only listings I see on google maps with pricing are the large hotel chains, who have buckets of money to spend on SEO(search engine optimization), the lady on the phone read off a series of mashed together buzzwords about how everything happens by magic, and that google has no knowledge that only large SEO'd businesses have their pricing showing(which just happens also to be hugely expensive in comparison with local offerings).

In short, google claims pricing happens organically, but knows that only the large hotel chains(who also happen to be paying the via Google advertising) actually get those prices to appear.  Google is happy to snuff out small business competition if it means padding their wallets, anything they tell you to justify it is just silly when you can see for yourself only large corporations get price listing.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Nothing useful....