Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

How to see reviews on a business page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

July 28, 2016

As an administrator on several business pages, reviews appear on the dashboard of each client's business page. If you are a visitor and use Google + Classic view, there is a section in the About tab for people to leave reviews and a section at the bottom for All Reviews (posted for the specific business page). However, in the new G+ format both those options are gone, hence why I still use classic both personally and professionally.

The Review tab on an admin's screen are, I believe, a place to see reviews that the business page has made on other G+ pages.

Google gets many things right, but their G+ business page is not one of them. Newer changes have made information more difficult to get or have removed previous information completely. Hope this helps someone.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to see reviews on a business page

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Julie T

I am guessing the new G+ page does not display reviews, was taken from data where people actually view the businesses info, which is in search and maps and not in the business page itself.

Looking across some of my clients business pages insights, I have businesses that are viewed in search and maps over 50K a month, but less then 20 visits to the actual G+ page.

I guess Google looked at this on a global level and thought, no need to display in the new G+ and only display where the majority of users actually find the review useful.

I'm like you, I like to visit the page and see for myself, but good old G makes decision based on majority of data and not just us few that like to view the actual G+ page.

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership