AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

How to remove an outdated virtual tour

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I'm the social media manager on the Marketing Committee of Northland Exposure Artists' Gallery. Until 7/25/16, we were located at 110 Main St., Parkville, MO, 64152. We are in the process of relocating to 519 Main St., Weston, MO, 64098, where we will open on 8/16/16. I'm in the process of updating all of our online accounts. I've requested updates on Google My Business for our address and phone info. Now I need to remove the virtual tour of our old location. (We don't have one for our new location yet, and may not for awhile.) How can I do this? I can't find any info.

It would be nice to be able to keep some of the stills if possible, as there are a few that are still relevant.

We're an artist's cooperative, and each of us work 8 hours per month at the brick and mortar location. We have a phone there, which is (will be) 816-386-5400. As I just said, I'm only there 8 hours out of the month, so calling there is unlikely to reach me.

Our Google+ URL is https://plus.google.com/b/113796906264318395707/+NorthlandExposureArtistsGalleryParkville/posts/p/pu...

Thanks so much for your help!

Susan P

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to remove an outdated virtual tour

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Susan,

I'm not familiar with the virtual tours but I located this thread (https://productforums.google.com/d/topic/maps/Nsz4ayBZ7rg/discussion)...hopefully it will be helpful. (To report a problem, select the tour and then click on the three dots.)

Grace

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
p.s. please let me know if reporting the problem doesn't provide a solution.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Susan,

I think it's better to close old location and create a new one because there are lot more outdated information such a photos and review posted on it.

If you just want to remove outdated vitrual tour, it's better to ask a photographer to put a support ticket.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @Northland Exposure Artists Gallery O, the solution with the least friction is to have the photographer who shot the tour take them down as @Eugene K suggested.

I disagree with the advice to close the location and create a new one. GMB Guidelines state the you should update the address in your dashboard. This also preserves the equity that you have already built into the listing over time. 

Colan Nielsen, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter
VP, Local Search at Sterling Sky

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey @Colan, can I ask you for a GMB Guidelines you've mentioned?

For example, we have a Rope park here in St. Petersburg and it has been moved from outdoor to indoor in other location.
It's entirely new business, but with a same name, should we just move it and keep all the photos/reviews related to the old one?

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Hey Eugene, the guidelines aren't as clear as they could be. Here's where you will find them https://support.google.com/business/answer/3039617?hl=en

In the scenario you mentioned, if the name is syaying the same, I would update in GMB. If Google thinks the change is significant enough, they will often create a brand new listing after editing in GMB anyway.
Colan Nielsen, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter
VP, Local Search at Sterling Sky

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you, @Colan

But in my scenario everything changes but the name. As we can do nothing with outdated user contributes photos, I think it's better to create a brand new listing.

As for Exposure Artists' Gallery, you're right, everything stays the same — it's still a gallery with the same arts, that's why I was wrong on my suggestion.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you all for your replies. I apologize for asking the question and then disappearing! We've decided to go back to the photographer who originally did our virtual tour, as Colan suggested. Thanks again for the help.
Susan

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi, Grace. We've decided to go back to the photographer who originally did the virtual tour for help, as Colan suggested below. Thanks for taking the time to respond, though!
Susan