AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

How to optimize GMB accounts?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

As an agency, we manage several GMB accounts for clients.

For some reason the GMB snippet doesn't appear (in Google Search) for a number of our (verified) clients. 

For example: the snippet is not appearing for some clients if someone searches for their exact URL (www.theirdomain.com), not even for their uniquely sounding name (the name is often so unique that it cannot be confused with other organic searches, so theoretically, the snippet should appear).

The snippet does however, appear when someone types in the complete address of the client. 

How can we optimize the GMB listing in order for the client to appear for his/her company URL, company name (in Google Search)?

How to optimize GMB accounts?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Optimize at the website and make sure to use <title> and <description> these both influence the search snippets.  Unique <title> and <description> for every page.  Make sure you are formatting your text with markup.  Images should have alt text.  Get keywords into your on page text.

Good luck to you.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’