AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

How to make my business on the maps bigger?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi I want to have a bigger pin over our location, there are lot of other tiny and very tune offices which are having pins bigger than what we have. Nead help, this is business sos. I have been doing everything to make Googe happier so far. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Try to adding regularly  new information and pictures to your gm business page. Set your additonel information about your business line

Re: How to make my business on the maps bigger?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @FreeBHK H,

Could you please provide a screen capture where you see business listings that have larger Place Labels (pins) that other businesses?

Google use default Place label icons on Maps and they have the same size.

Thank you

treebles, Google My Business Top Contributor

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @treebles

Sorry for mentioning it incorrectly. 

What I ment was that there are lot of other business which mentioned above the Google layer where we are. 

(The more you zoom the deeper you go in the layers.)

My question is, how can I bring it above the layers, so that people can notice it in maps.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @FreeBHK H,
There is very little business owners can do, it is Google Local algorithms that choose what business listings are shown as Place Labels on Maps and at which zoom levels they appear.

Not every business in the Local database would get its Place Label displayed by default on Maps

Although an active business listing, that people visit the location, and people post photos and reviews, may help under some circumstances, there are no guarantees it would.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks @treebles. Let me start doing what you have already told me.

Would be helpful if you can tell me what are those exact set of things that i need to do, to make it bigger ( you know what I need by bigger).

Th

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi @FreeBHK H,

I cannot tell you what those factors are exactly because I do not know what they are, Google does not say what those factors are to prevent business owners to try to manipulate the display of Place Labels on Maps. 

The help page on Place Labels is sparse, lacking any specific details on purpose.

https://support.google.com/business/answer/6056435