AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

How to get Top 3 on Google Maps

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My business has 2 branches and they were in the top 3 results for "Estate Agents Sunderland" and "Estate Agent Sunderland" for a number of months.  Then in the last 8 weeks they no longer appear at all.

What can I do to change this and get them ranking top 3 again?

Business Name - Peter Heron

Address - 

20 Fawcett Street

Sunderland

SR1 1RH

15 Sea Road

Fulwell

Sunderland

SR6 9BS

Business contact number 0191 510 3323 but my direct number 07805509627

Google Maps URL

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Peter+Heron/@54.9057282,-1.3834966,17z/data=!4m13!1m7!3m6!1s0x487e...

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Peter+Heron/@54.9296349,-1.3820309,17z/data=!4m13!1m7!3m6!1s0x487e...

website = www.peterheron.co.uk

Thanks
2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author ashley o
July 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

I still see the 15 Sea Road listing in spot number 4 in the local finder when I set my location to Sunderland. But I don't see the other listing at all. At first glance this is likely due to the listing being filtered. It's likely due to the fact that the listings shared the same categories AND the same phone number. They are also both pointing to the homepage of the website. So you can kind of see why Google wouldn't consider it the best user experience to present a user with both of these listings. I checked a couple other things that also tells me this is a case of the listing being filtered.

I'm not sure there is a chance of having both listings rank in the top 3 again. But here are a few things to look into:

• Check the categories on the listings that rank and see if you are missing any relevant ones.  
  • Remove categories to narrow the focus and avoid category dilution.
  • Increase organic ranking of the entire domain for that keyword.  
  • Increase the # of reviews both on Google and 3rd parties that reference estate agent.

Colan Nielsen, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter
VP, Local Search at Sterling Sky

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author ashley o
July 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

I still see the 15 Sea Road listing in spot number 4 in the local finder when I set my location to Sunderland. But I don't see the other listing at all. At first glance this is likely due to the listing being filtered. It's likely due to the fact that the listings shared the same categories AND the same phone number. They are also both pointing to the homepage of the website. So you can kind of see why Google wouldn't consider it the best user experience to present a user with both of these listings. I checked a couple other things that also tells me this is a case of the listing being filtered.

I'm not sure there is a chance of having both listings rank in the top 3 again. But here are a few things to look into:

• Check the categories on the listings that rank and see if you are missing any relevant ones.  
  • Remove categories to narrow the focus and avoid category dilution.
  • Increase organic ranking of the entire domain for that keyword.  
  • Increase the # of reviews both on Google and 3rd parties that reference estate agent.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Thank you so much for your reply I will give this a try.

Thank you

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

You're welcome. Good luck!

Re: How to get Top 3 on Google Maps

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

What are the metrics calculated to be placed at top position on google maps listing ?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

all ranking metrics are top secret 

closing btw this older thread for new replies now