AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

How to create a brand page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello

I work for a national business that operates out of a central location. We just have a head office and no local offices. At the moment there is a location in our my business account and we always get the map appearing on searches for us. I don't want that - I want our social profiles and info from wikibase to appear. How do I add a brand page? Or should I be converting that location to a brand page?

Thanks

Tom

1 Expert replyverified_user

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

A substantial part of the Google My Business entry is the business location on Google Maps. That's just how it is. There is no option for what you are asking.

And, by the way, why should Google care about showing other companies products instead of their own? That's not the way Google makes money.

ken

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Ken

I think I just have a location entry and nothing else. Do I create a business page by going onto Google maps then? I basically want to have this sort of knowledge panel result in SEO - https://www.screencast.com/t/CyH3tdMNS

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi guys

the knowledge panel showing "Purplebricks" as per https://www.screencast.com/t/CyH3tdMNS has nothings to do with GoogleMyBusiness nor with a "brand page" its just an brand based Knowledge Panel for very known and important brands. 

There is no way to push such stuff through GoogleMyBusiness

Please read my answer in here:

i Want to Add Founder name In Google Business In Search