AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

How long does it take for my profile photo to change on my business profile photo

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello I changed my store front image on Monday and when I google my business today the old image appears.  How long will the new update take? 

1 Expert replyverified_user

How long does it take for my profile photo to change on my business profile photo

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

It can be almost immediate. Did the picture show up farther down in the group of pictures? If it is not fixed you may want to post a link to the page for the community to see what the issue may be. I have posted pictures and it is almost immediate.

David W Cox, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Find me on: Google+ | Facebook |

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi David,

I posted a profile and cover two weeks ago and they still are not appearing properly. What do I need to do? Where should the profile appear? https://www.google.com/search?ludocid=2850222927956110340&hl=en&q=Leading%20Authorities%20Speakers%2...

Thanks!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Matt J The pictures on a listing are added by an owner and then Google displays them based on a computer model of what they interpret the pictures to mean and what will get the most attention. So you can suggest a cover image but that does mean you can be sure how they will show them. Looking at the listing there are 3 pictures. Can you be more specific about how they are not appearing properly? The only option you have is to scale pictures in advance prior to uploading them. The real wide photo with many celebrities in it is going to be hard to see well since it is so wide, especially on a mobile phone. It is best to stick to typical photo sizes and aspect ratios. For the cover photo it is recommended to be 16:9 aspect ratio and not over 5MB, so go with something close to 1,080 x 608 pixels for the cover. 

The purpose of the photo option is to show your business and what a visitor can expect to find prior to arriving at your location.  I understand that your company is different, but help file will give you some ideas of exactly what Google is looking for in describing your location on the listing. A mix of events is fine. By adding more pictures on your listing it will help get more attention and calls.  If this does not answer it can you post more details?

Thanks for asking, 

David

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Find me on: Google+ | Facebook |

Re: How long does it take for my profile photo to change on my business profile photo

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello David. I am new with google my business and I wanted to change the profile - logo - cover pictures from our account. I have uploaded new pictures but don't find a way to set each picture for our desired use. Can you give me some help ? Thanks

Re: How long does it take for my profile photo to change on my business profile photo

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi GTofLA,
There are places on the dashboard that refer to certain sections and concepts for photos such as the cover photo. But the reality is the actual placement of your photos is out of your hands. A logo is asked for but there is no way of knowing how and where it will get displayed. There is a computer program that runs on Google end and sets how the photos will be shown. The point is the use of photos is to show viewers what to expect when they visit your location. So more photos are better, better-looking photos help, cell phone shots are fine, the more the merrier. Google in the insights section shows how you are doing with pictures vs the competition which I take as encouraging users to put in more detail. Here is a link of types of photos they are looking for. They have a post on business-specific photos they are encouraging companies to post. https://support.google.com/business/answer/6123536 so my point is no you do not have control but posting more will help tell your story and get more visits. Also remember now you can add video to tell your story. No one else can set the order either.

Thanks for asking,

David