AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

How do i get fake review removed ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi there,

We received a fake bad review from a person we have never heard of. I know each customer we have sold to and the reviewer isn't one.
How do i get this removed ?
We are a small business and trying to get good reviews. This fake review harms us greatly.

Billabong Spas
66 McLachlan AveDarlinghurst NSW 2010
1300 459 100
1 Expert replyverified_user

How do i get fake review removed ?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Murray,

The user that posted the review has only posted one. You may want to keep an eye on the profile and if you see a number of what looks like fraud then you could report the user. On the review, it's self you can report the review by clicking on the three dots to the left. Here is a good post that leads to some good ideas.  The other thing is all public facing companies are subject to bad reviews and one good way to fight it is ask happy customers for reviews. It may seem counterintuitive but reviews do happen so it is good to ask for the positive ones and deal with the negative ones like you did and people will see what is going on. The other thing to look at is optimizing your listing to take advantage of all the new features like posts, 30-second videos, description of the company you can add, list of services offered ect. Here is an outline of things to do to get better results from your page. 

Thanks for asking,

David

David W Cox, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Find me on: Google+ | Facebook |