AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

How do I get my business to appear in the box at top of search results

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

When I search for my business using the type of business and town - Estate agents in Richmond - it doesn't appear in the summary box of businesses that appears at the top, how would I go about making this happen?

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=major+agency+in+richmond&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr&ei=6GBoVu-GN4...

The business is Major Son and Phipps Estate Agents

Kind regards

Richard

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Richard W
December 2015

Re: How do I get my business to appear in the box at top of search res

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Richard W

unfortunately this sometimes happens if users start accidentally  creating and verifying  a page in a UI "A" of GoogleMyBusines but "A" isn't the default UI for their country "B".
I'm not saying you did so. But my investigations tell me oyu very likely did so.

I'm afraid telling you that fixing it isn't that easy (and it is impossible up to now doing any edits in your dashboard of  GoogleMyBusines)

The only option such users have (we were told this by Google) is to start from scratch in the  UI for their country "B".

But this "from scratch"  requires (before applying any other steps) to delete the "bad" page from your dashboard.

However & waht ever you decide: make a test before continuing:

go to https://business.google.com/add/info?hl=en-GB and start creating a "test page" (doesnt matter how you name it and try the entering as its category "estate agents")

If this category will accepted then you are pretty sure being on the right track

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Richard W

I'm afraid to contradict you in a few points and having some strange messages fro you - but please don't kill the messanger ;-)

Your business isn't Major Son and Phipps Estate Agents as you wrote but its  just Major Son and Phipps (at least you gave the latter name to your G+ page plus.google.com/103722923001222621643)

The pretty strange thing is your category:

depending on which UI I'm looking at it is "real estate agents" as defined in here

or it's just "estate agents" as defined in here.

Now I did a search not for the category just "estate agents" as defined in here but for "real estate agents" as defined in here - searching finally for Real Estate Agents  richmond upon thames ".

What shall I tell you?

I got you for Real Estate Agents  richmond upon thames but not for Estate Agents  richmond upon thames.

Real Estate Agents  richmond upon thames

Here the  proof getting you at the second page of all results for Real Estate Agents  richmond upon thames:

Screenshot 2015-12-09 at 23.23.08.png

Now the one million pound or dollar question:

How did you create your business page?

Creating it in the UI of the UK (hl=en-GB) or in the UI of the US  (hl=en)

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Helmut - you're a genius!

Thanks for your reply, I think I must have created the profile in the US version because it only gives me the option of "Real Estate Agent" (a USA phrase) and not the UK version of "Estate Agent" , Ive tried creating a new profile in google.co.uk but it just does the same thing, its quite important because nobody in the UK searches for agents using the phrase "real estate agent" Im not sure how to fix this or how the other agents have managed to do it. I have just noticed there is an option at the bottom of my business page that lets me report a problem with the page which I have done now, hopefully someone from google will sort it out for me now we know what the issue it.

If you know how to sort it then please let me know, if not then hopefully google will

Many thanks again
Richard

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Richard W
December 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Richard W

unfortunately this sometimes happens if users start accidentally  creating and verifying  a page in a UI "A" of GoogleMyBusines but "A" isn't the default UI for their country "B".
I'm not saying you did so. But my investigations tell me oyu very likely did so.

I'm afraid telling you that fixing it isn't that easy (and it is impossible up to now doing any edits in your dashboard of  GoogleMyBusines)

The only option such users have (we were told this by Google) is to start from scratch in the  UI for their country "B".

But this "from scratch"  requires (before applying any other steps) to delete the "bad" page from your dashboard.

However & waht ever you decide: make a test before continuing:

go to https://business.google.com/add/info?hl=en-GB and start creating a "test page" (doesnt matter how you name it and try the entering as its category "estate agents")

If this category will accepted then you are pretty sure being on the right track

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Helmut

That seemed to work - when I created a new page in the UK version the correct choice (estate agents) came up, however when I went to my dashboard my original page seemed to have changed too (to estate agents) , maybe someone from google edited it somehow - but one way or the other its all sorted.

Many thanks for all your help - it has been much very much appreciated

Best regards
Richard