My Business
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

How do I enable Google + for a Brand Account?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I am getting an error and I can't figure it out. I am trying to enable Google + for one of my brands. Although when I press Enable Google + it states "Could not enable Google + for your brand.

I am a manger of the page and i believe it has been verified for over 30 days.

I have a google local listing page using GMB but i would also like a linked google plus page for the business. It has all changed since i last created a page and cannot find any updated info on the subject. Please advise me

Thank you for your time.

G PLUS.png

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Chris K
June

Re: How do I enable Google + for a Brand Account?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Chris K,

Google My Business no longer creates Google+ pages for the business listing but you should still be able to create them manually, it might be that only the owner of the listing can create them, not sure.

Have you asked the owner of the business listing to create it?

Did you follow the procedure described by Tim Capper in his blog?

http://onlineownership.com/google-page-removed-from-new-google-my-business-listing/

treebles, Google My Business Top Contributor

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@treebles

Thanks for your response, i checked with the owner and they was able to enable the page.

Problem solved!

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi all!!! FOUND THE RESOLUTION!!! Finally after 3 weeks going back and forth with google. Login to plus.google.com on the bottom left of the screen in small grey lettering there is a button that says brands where the privacy policy is. Very easy to miss. Click there and then its straight forward from there. Make sure you put the business name exactly how it is in business profile so they link together! :D

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We don't have that brand button available to us :(

Can anyone help us? This client has their Google Places Profile for their business claimed within their personal Google Account. We cannot locate any way to create a Google Plus page for them. We keep getting sent in circles following the directions available to create a Google Plus page, and we just keep getting sent back to their existing Google Places Business Listing, yet there is no way to create a G Plus page anywhere available.

Does anyone have any information to offer if the general instructions provided for this do not work?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Since G+ and GMB are complerely divorced this older workaroaund is obsolte too

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Tks Kinsey H!! I have been looking for a solution to this problem for a while now with now avail!! This worked!! Tks again!!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for this. I set up a GMB page a couple months ago and have had no trouble with my other brand accounts and G+ pages but that most recent one has been driving me crazy! I must have done it around the same time they made some of the changes. This worked. I'm finally setting up my G+ Page!  

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Way to go Kinsey! Thanks for sharing!