My Business
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

How can i add short introduction in my google business which shows up in google search results

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Some Google My Business (GMB) specially shop like Bakery store and almost all hotel GMB have special introduction when they show up in google search result.

Here is one example of Dandelion chocolate in San Francisco, USA

Dandelion Chocolate in google search.jpg

To explore further to know how this GMB owner might have added this information I visited its Google Plus page where it strangely shows that this introduction is added by Google in this GMB. Following picture will clear it.

https://plus.google.com/+DandelionChocolate/about

Dandelion Chocolate.jpg

here is my business in google search result

DR. Rita Das Clinic In google search result.png

Here is my Google Plus page:

https://plus.google.com/+DrRitaDasLucknow/about

DR. Rita Das Clinic.jpg

How can i add into/info like "Small-batch chocolatier............... " as Dandelion chocolate has done which also shows in Google search result.

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rita D
July 2016

Re: How can i add short introduction in my google business which shows up in google search results

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hey Rita,

These are called editorial summaries and you can't request to have one on your business. Google adds them to businesses based on the popularity of the listing. See https://support.google.com/business/answer/6088158?hl=en for more details.

Joy Hawkins, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Owner of Sterling Sky
Read My Column on Search Engine Land
MyAdvanced Local SEO Training Manual

Re: How can i add short introduction in my google business which shows up in google search results

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for prompt reply Joy. So these are editorial summaries beyond my approach. My main purpose was to add a sentence notifying patient that they should visit our clinic after taking an appointment. I was hoping to get this info their. As there seemed no other way to get this info to show up in my google business search result. Can you suggest me some way out, also is there anything else i can do to enhance my google business appearance. Thanks

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
There isn't really a way to do this with Google My Business. AdWords does allow you to customize the way the ad looks of course :)

For now, I would suggest putting this wording on your website.

Owner of Sterling Sky

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Joy!

We are experiencing exactly the same issue. There are a lot of other, less popular businesses that are populated in search results, yet they have description reflected. Information you provided above has given some more insight, but it is still not clear.

When you say, it is "based on popularity of the listing", how exactly is it measured ? Is there a support team whom we could contact in order to request the data and know where we stand and what we have to achieve for the introduction to be added to the search.

Thanks in advance!

Sergei and Dima @ https://bistropizza.co.uk/

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
There isn't anyone you can contact about it and it's not something Google would divulge. I believe the criteria would be based on things like store visits or direction requests etc. Google has a lot of internal data they don't share based on users who have Android phones.

Owner of Sterling Sky