AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

How can I get Google "Popular Times" to appear underneat my business page?

[ Edited ]
Community Manager
# 1
Community Manager

This question was originally posted on the former Help Forum but has been modified for clarity and answered by Community User Treebles.

I would like to ask if anyone has more information over Google "Popular times" feature. I want to connect it with my business, but I cannot find how. If anyone is familiar, please let me know! Thank you!

Answer: Popular times only appears on popular business pages. The way it works it or rather the data is collected is by people visiting a store, that have opted in to storing location data on their mobile phone. So they only appear at the moment for very busy / popular stores, because of the sheer volume of people needed to enter a store:

1) with a mobile phone 
2) that have opted in, to storing location data.

It will probably take quite some time for a typical store to have popular times displayed for their business, because it will take longer for Google to collect enough data to be able to display popular times accurately for that store.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Marissa Nordahl, Community Manager, Google My Business
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Follow us on GMB on Social: Facebook | Twitter
5 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by ElizabethP (Community Manager)
November 2015

Re: How can I get Google "Popular Times" to appear underneat

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Thanks for sharing!

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by ElizabethP (Community Manager)
November 2015

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Thanks for sharing!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Does Google have anyway to fast track having this feature added. I'd be interested in seeing the data for my restaurant; a neighboring restaurant has "popular times" listed, but we do much more business and have a much stronger social media presence.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Steven C

There isn't any way to fast track this - because of the need to aggregate data Google requires a large volume of visitors to your store, who have a mobile phone and have opted in to storing location data on their phone.

Without this information they can't / won't display the most popular times data.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Is there a way to purchase the data for popular times? For instance if a vendor wanted to staff a store based on the data to ensure they were in the store to demo their product during the busiest times by using this data, but they needed it for 500 Walmarts as opposed to a single Walmart.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi Richard

As far as I know this data is not available for sale, but you could always ask your AdWords rep to see if they know anything.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Re: How can I get Google "Popular Times" to appear underneat my business page?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,
I'm wondering whether there is a feature where we can add our own data to have this feature show? We keep a log of how many guest we have each hour and would like to have this information shown.. Is there anyone I could contact about having this information shown?

Kind regards
Sasha Andersen,
Assistent
Vejen Art Museum.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi PriyaC,

Is Popular Times only enabled for Claimed Business?

Any plan to enable this feature for Places added to Maps?

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
Hi Sampson,
Popular Times is not limited to verified listings, unverified listings can display this feature.

treebles, Google My Business Top Contributor

How can I get Google "Popular Times" to appear underneat my business page?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I would also have this feature for my business.  We have over 10,000 visitors a month.  Is there anything that Io can do on my end to assist.